Author Topic: Map of the DAP Industry  (Read 4396 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Nicely done.. I will update you with others as I am able too.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I've added some color and made some changes.  I'd appreciate any feedback.

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Ethereum is not an organization in itself .. there is just a token that can be mind an programs that can be run on the blockchain.
If you call Bitcoin a DAC, then you could also call Ethereum a DAC .. though they have no means of governance nore can they be profitable .. in contrast to BitShares and Maker
Here are my thoughts:
Hence the "company" part of the DAC analogy: There are also unprofitable companies so Bitcoin and Ethereum at the moment would be unprof. companies.
Ethereum can be profitable. Their revenue from tx fees just has to be bigger than what they pay to block producing nodes.
I would call Bitcoin a DAC. I don't see any criterium of the DAC analogy that would not make it a DAC.
There is a clear governance model for Bitcoin (it is just not made to decide fast and may prduce more hard forks): The governance model is: What ever software is run by most. Bitshares in contrast has a mediation mechanism that prevents going the "hard fork competition route".

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ethereum is not an organization in itself .. there is just a token that can be mind an programs that can be run on the blockchain.
If you call Bitcoin a DAC, then you could also call Ethereum a DAC .. though they have no means of governance nore can they be profitable .. in contrast to BitShares and Maker

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
would Maker be properly categorized as a dac? ... the smart contract layers of ethereum .... are they generally dacs as well? ... I've looked into it some but probably not enough
MAKER calls themselves a DAO (Organization) .. but I never saw any big difference from DAOs and DACs ..

Ethereum itselve is not a DAC .. but you can build DACS with the scripting/smart contract functionalities ..
How is it less a DAC than Bitshares?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
would Maker be properly categorized as a dac? ... the smart contract layers of ethereum .... are they generally dacs as well? ... I've looked into it some but probably not enough
MAKER calls themselves a DAO (Organization) .. but I never saw any big difference from DAOs and DACs ..

Ethereum itselve is not a DAC .. but you can build DACS with the scripting/smart contract functionalities ..

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Missed BunkerDEX .. which is along the lines of Openledger and Banx (also missing?)
There is also wallet provider Peak Performance?
They all are licensed by CNX.

After this week I can tell you there will be a few more to add to that also that have not been made public.

Awesome! ..... I'll add em
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
most notable project on ethereum is Augur, but I'm sure you're aware of that :D

most notable project on ethereum is MAKER ;)  .. my 2 finney

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I am quite sure Ethereum has some nice projects too that should be added here .. though, since BitShares and Ethereum are not connected (yet) .. You may want to put their ecosystem into a separated sheet.
Else, the gfx is quite nice ..
+5%

I agree ... there's a whole other ecosystem there .... that would potentially link in a mature ecosystem... will see about adding some space to this doc ...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Missed BunkerDEX .. which is along the lines of Openledger and Banx (also missing?)
There is also wallet provider Peak Performance?
They all are licensed by CNX.

After this week I can tell you there will be a few more to add to that also that have not been made public.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

+5% ... They are doing what we are doing .. just alot different .. and I am very eager to see how it plays out ... in particular w.r.t. liquidity.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
let me make it pretty when back when get time to :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I am quite sure Ethereum has some nice projects too that should be added here .. though, since BitShares and Ethereum are not connected (yet) .. You may want to put their ecosystem into a separated sheet.
Else, the gfx is quite nice ..
+5%