Author Topic: Is Bitcoin on its Deathbed?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I don't think Bitcoin will just disappear. The more likely outcome would be that it continues to flail for technological and governance reasons, and that many of the companies that have been building pieces of infrastructure around Bitcoin start to leave it for a more promising alternative. Over time, that alternative currency would become more valuable and Bitcoin would be slowly replaced.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Interesting coverage of a recent panel discussion with notable Bitcoin company CEOs (see link). It seems a number of Bitcoin movers & shakers believe it could be replaced by a next generation currency. I wonder what that would be. Hmmm...

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115330/is-bitcoin-on-its-death-bed

If something can replace Bitcoin , it may not be standing in BItcoin's bubble any more .

The fall of Bitcoin would shake down the people's expectation in Crypto currency's shelf-life ,  and wouldn't invest as much as when they thought crypto currency can be last forever .

It would just proof that crypto currency is some sort of ponzi and whoever catches at last will get burn .

So , I don't think Bitcoin's death would justify any crypto-currency's debut .
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:13:36 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
> cointelegraph

nice fantasy site. I have zero respect for their work.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Interesting coverage of a recent panel discussion with notable Bitcoin company CEOs (see link). It seems a number of Bitcoin movers & shakers believe it could be replaced by a next generation currency. I wonder what that would be. Hmmm...

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115330/is-bitcoin-on-its-death-bed