Author Topic: Predict what will be the price of ETH and BTS the first time that BTS passes ETH  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Oh wow, I think I guessed too high!
Now I'm thinking maybe 25M.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

50 million and 1 if somebody already guessed 50 and I overlooked it.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Between 27 & 32m.

I think it's reasonable to expect ethereum to partially sell off once bitshares 2.0 launches, assuming delivery on promise and a commensurate price rise.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Thats the main difference.  Any bitshares clone must use an equivalent of BTS, so you cannot gain by simply removing it.
Still didnt get where the difference is. Maybe you can say it differently?

BTS is necessary to the way that the Bitshares blockchain works.  You cannot have collateral and market pegged assets without it.

It is easier to clone a version of ripple that doesnt have the XRP token in it, because the XRP token doesnt actually serve much function in the blockchain, it simply exists to make ripple labs and early adopters rich.
I agree if we assume that Bitassets are the defining part of Bitshares.
But that still doesnt give BTS more value because others forks would just have their own chain with their own BTS-similar token (unless you mean that the graphene license agreement forces them to sharedrop).

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Thats the main difference.  Any bitshares clone must use an equivalent of BTS, so you cannot gain by simply removing it.

BTS is necessary to the way that the Bitshares blockchain works.  You cannot have collateral and market pegged assets without it.

It is easier to clone a version of ripple that doesnt have the XRP token in it, because the XRP token doesnt actually serve much function in the blockchain, it simply exists to make ripple labs and early adopters rich.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
In bts you can use bitassets to pay the fee ... more precisely they are autoconverted to bts by the dex

Yes.  Ultimately every payment is via BTS, even if you spend something else.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
If the value proposition for ETH is the same as XRP, then that bodes well for ETH since XRP market cap is currently 4 times the size.  Actually, I think eventually ETH may be worth far more than this.  But right now it's substantially overvalued.

Anyway, my guess is $38M for the BTS/ETH valuation cross-over.

I still wonder about the value people see in ETH ..
The value of Ethereum is huge .. but not the value of ETH .. at least not at this point in time .. the value proposition for eth is basically the same as xrp .. IMHO

Yes, ETH is to the Ethereum network as XRP is to the Ripple network.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
In bts you can use bitassets to pay the fee ... more precisely they are autoconverted to bts by the dex