Author Topic: Graphene, 0.93c invalid format  (Read 2787 times)

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
But as a last resort, and if I don't get it to work before then, once I'm done decrypting one of my hard drives I will do a complete reinstall of Windows too. If it still doesn't work after that than I don't know why.
Please make a backup of your wallet before you format your drives!!!!

Also, you can try to use the bitshares_client.exe binary instead of the GUI and let the CLI version run some time to sync with the network ... Usually the cli version is alot more robust ..
once you opened the cli version you will see some initial text and eventually reach the input which will look like this: ">>>" .. then you can input "info" and hit enter to get the status of your syncing progress ..
the first few lines of the output tell you what you want to know ..

Thank you, I will try the CLI version. And yes, I have multiple backups of my wallet already. Both on my drives and on a remote server.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
But as a last resort, and if I don't get it to work before then, once I'm done decrypting one of my hard drives I will do a complete reinstall of Windows too. If it still doesn't work after that than I don't know why.
Please make a backup of your wallet before you format your drives!!!!

Also, you can try to use the bitshares_client.exe binary instead of the GUI and let the CLI version run some time to sync with the network ... Usually the cli version is alot more robust ..
once you opened the cli version you will see some initial text and eventually reach the input which will look like this: ">>>" .. then you can input "info" and hit enter to get the status of your syncing progress ..
the first few lines of the output tell you what you want to know ..

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
I have tried to solve the "severe network problems" issue forever. I've uninstalled, deleted everything, reinstalled.
You have had the most recent version installed? The 'network problems' warning maybe a gui glitch also .. you can verify the 'real process' in the advanced settings menu by typing "info".

I have used both 0.92 and 0.93c. I don't know if it's my computer being old (it uses DDR2 RAM, but it's 8 GB) or what, but Bitshares has problems syncing and it always crashes when I try to quit. It didn't always have problem syncing though, and older versions (pre 0.92) worked just fine. I was able to sync and send transactions.

Anyway, I managed to import the keys to graphene, but none of my BTS are there. No balance.. should be 49k. Is that normal?
It kind of depends what balance you had at the SNAPSHOT time .. which is why you should sync the old blockchain first to be absolutely sure about your balance ..
Have you ever done anything with your balance?

By SNAPSHOT you mean the balance at the time of my latest backup/export? If so, the balance at that time was 49,999 BTS. The balance at the time of the first release of Bitshares was 117,000 BTS, since I was part of AGS.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:36:19 am by pioneer »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have tried to solve the "severe network problems" issue forever. I've uninstalled, deleted everything, reinstalled.
You have had the most recent version installed? The 'network problems' warning maybe a gui glitch also .. you can verify the 'real process' in the advanced settings menu by typing "info".

Anyway, I managed to import the keys to graphene, but none of my BTS are there. No balance.. should be 49k. Is that normal?
It kind of depends what balance you had at the SNAPSHOT time .. which is why you should sync the old blockchain first to be absolutely sure about your balance ..
Have you ever done anything with your balance?

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
Start > search field %appdata% > folder bitshares

backup your wallet

delete everything except your wallet.

restart client and let it sync

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Start > search field %appdata% > folder bitshares

backup your wallet

delete everything except your wallet.

restart client and let it sync

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
Follow these steps to export your keys and import them into graphene:

http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/09/bitshares-how-to-prepare-your-wallet.html

That's exactly what I've done. But now for some reason it seems to be working. Didn't yesterday.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:01:46 am by pioneer »

clout

Follow these steps to export your keys and import them into graphene:

http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/09/bitshares-how-to-prepare-your-wallet.html

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
I've made a backup using 0.93c but when I try importing to graphene I just get invalid format. I've used both the console and the GUI to make the backup.
Not sure if it matters, but I've been unable to sync for over a month. I have "severe network problems", and last time I tried it got stuck at 39%. I've tried everything, deleted all files including wallet, uninstalled, created a new wallet... nothing works.