Author Topic: Repost: Announcing AGS & BitShares Allocation  (Read 67164 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

It says: "Be vigilant! Watch for slow days and anyone can snag some great bargains."

Also people mention things like some guy is buying 10 BTC worth each day.

How do you get this kind of information?

Brent Allsop

Offline bytemaster

Hi guys.  I'm not very technically savvy, so I'm a little nervous about donating PTS/BTC.  Once I donate, then what do I have to do?

Assuming you donate from Bitcoin Qt or ProtoShares Qt and not from an exchange, all you have to do is backup your wallet.dat file.

Then I just wait for my AGS and BTS to appear in my wallet?

When you download the BTS wallet after launch (March) then you will import your wallet.dat and have BTS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Hi guys.  I'm not very technically savvy, so I'm a little nervous about donating PTS/BTC.  Once I donate, then what do I have to do?

Assuming you donate from Bitcoin Qt or ProtoShares Qt and not from an exchange, all you have to do is backup your wallet.dat file.

Then I just wait for my AGS and BTS to appear in my wallet?

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Correct. Not as profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

They keep them.
See OP:
"What happens to all the donations?"

100% of the proceeds go to growing the crypto-equity industry. Zero percent  will be retained as profits Invictus.
That means these BTSX, together with Donated PTS/BTC, will be allocated in an asset pool that 3i promises to grow DAC industry, but not as company profit. Am I intepreting correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct. That is what the OP said. But maybe an I3 staff member can confirm that...

Offline BTCguru

• View Profile

They keep them.
See OP:

100% of the proceeds go to growing the crypto-equity industry. Zero percent  will be retained as profits Invictus.
That means these BTSX, together with Donated PTS/BTC, will be allocated in an asset pool that 3i promises to grow DAC industry, but not as company profit. Am I intepreting correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
They keep them.
See OP:

sumantso

It may have been answered elsewhere. My question is who owns the BTS allocated to the PTS that were sent for AGS exchange, assuming not all PTS are spent before BTS launch.  Is it invictus? Or do these PTS receive BTS at all?

I3 gets them (the PTS and the subsequent BTSX)

Offline gulu

• View Profile
It may have been answered elsewhere. My question is who owns the BTS allocated to the PTS that were sent for AGS exchange, assuming not all PTS are spent before BTS launch.  Is it invictus? Or do these PTS receive BTS at all?
BTC: 1FRsgcQELHKFY2VMFosBnyBaNxZgS4wj7x
PTS: Pf9yDYUknXShepu6YjwSEpMvm1ewNQLNgE
BTSX: gulu

Offline valtr

• View Profile
If we donated from both pts and btc address, will it be possible to import both private keys into the bitsharex account at the same time to claim our ags?

Yes it is possible. AGS are divided equally on daily basis among PTS and BTC donation address. The only requirement is that it is your own walet.

This is original bytemaster statement:

Don't send donations from anywhere but your own wallet!
DAC developers will initialize their genesis blocks to honor the key where your donation came from!

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
If we donated from both pts and btc address, will it be possible to import both private keys into the bitsharex account at the same time to claim our ags?

Offline mx1000

• View Profile
How can I acces the AGS ? Or is that later added ?

Also how can I check howmuch AGS I have recieved that day of donation (actually) ?

I don't understand...

Also in the end whats this VS protoshares :o?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:49:37 pm by mx1000 »

Offline pariah99

• I'm so meta even this acronym.
    • View Profile
How do you specify this?  I keep having new addresses being generated.  All of my donations have been at least 1PTS or greater, so I'm not worried about the decimal issue, but its getting to be inconvenient tracking all of my donations.

You could transfer your PTS to a single wallet before donating it to the AGS address.  If you're talking about multiple addresses for the same wallet, I don't think it will be that much of a problem since they all share the same private key.

Regarding what Bytemaster said about allowing future DACs to determine how to interpret digit significance: I think it would be useful to have a canonical AGS distribution published by Invictus; otherwise, there might be some fragmentation in how people interpret the social contract.

To be clear - I'm not suggesting that you require DACs to award to a certain decimal significance - merely suggesting that there be an official summation per address of AGS.