Author Topic: Send Bitshares From Exchange To Computer  (Read 2471 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
0.9.3 is in pre-release status .. still testing ..
You can fing it On github.com/bitshares

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Anyone know how to change your password? Also where do I download 0.9.3? The Bitshares web site only has 0.9.2 

The web wallet is excellent. Easy and fast. Still beta so no guarantees however,
I have a couple of accounts on 0.9.3 that I want to keep. Can I import them to web wallet? Can't see how.
If I later migrate to 2.0, can I import my accounts with current account names?
Thanks.  :D
havbre
The new BitShares client (0.9.3) has a extra call "wallet_export_keys" that properly formats the keys for use with BitShares 2.0.
You can also manually import your keys if you want.
I am sure the devs are already working out a proper documentatiaon

oh, wallet_export_keys is the function I was looking for. I'll make a how-to blog post on migration
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:45:46 pm by Marketorder »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The web wallet is excellent. Easy and fast. Still beta so no guarantees however,
I have a couple of accounts on 0.9.3 that I want to keep. Can I import them to web wallet? Can't see how.
havbre
The new BitShares client (0.9.3) has a extra call "wallet_export_keys" that properly formats the keys for use with BitShares 2.0.

oh, wallet_export_keys is the function I was looking for. I'll make a how-to blog post on migration

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
havbre

Offline aragoon

• View Profile
havbre

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have allot of coins I don't want to use an online wallet. How does this wallet convert my coins to 2.0?
you will only need the brain-key (which will be shown to you when creating your wallet) ... with that brain-key you will be able to import all your stuff into BTS2 ..

Alternatively, you can install the fat-client but that is IMHO not worth the efforts since it takes along time to sync and is quite resource hungry .

I use the webwallet on a regular basis ... never lost a single token

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I have allot of coins I don't want to use an online wallet. How does this wallet convert my coins to 2.0?

1) go to wallet.bitshares.org
2) create and account and register it
3) make a backup of your wallet (advanced settings) .. make sure you can recall the passphrase
4) send some small funds from the exchange to your account and verify that you receive it
5) repeat (incrementally) with the rest of your funds ..

All funds you can see in your wallet.bitshares.org .. will only ever be spendable by you (or who ever has access toy our private key)

Note, the web_wallet is written entirely in Javascript and now keys are exchange between your browser and a server .. they are all stored in browser ...
Hence, a backup is ESSENTIAL!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
1) go to wallet.bitshares.org
2) create and account and register it
3) make a backup of your wallet (advanced settings) .. make sure you can recall the passphrase
4) send some small funds from the exchange to your account and verify that you receive it
5) repeat (incrementally) with the rest of your funds ..

All funds you can see in your wallet.bitshares.org .. will only ever be spendable by you (or who ever has access toy our private key)

Note, the web_wallet is written entirely in Javascript and now keys are exchange between your browser and a server .. they are all stored in browser ...
Hence, a backup is ESSENTIAL!!

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I want to make a smooth transition to 2.0 but I see no easy documentation for a beginner like me to understand. I want to take my coins from the exchange and send them to a wallet on my computer so I can upgrade to 2.0 smoothly. How do I do this? Can someone make a video example so us newbs can upgrade without messing something up?