Author Topic: There is a witness who does not work  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Pheonike

That is the punishment. They skipped which means the are not paid for that round.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
It's my understanding that the network will automatically start skipping witnesses that are missing blocks... so if a witness is not working the network is going to not include them in the block production.
There is no way to automatically punish not working witnesses?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

It's my understanding that the network will automatically start skipping witnesses that are missing blocks... so if a witness is not working the network is going to not include them in the block production.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
You can remove your vote for this witness on production net.

In this test run, the blockchain level test is satisfying.  Dev are focusing on UI progress.  Therefore this is witness's behavior is more or less 'tolerant'.
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
I mean, if a witness does not work for a long time。What should we do?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think you are proposing automatic downvoting of non perfroming witnesses.  This opens us up to attacks.  If I am a witness I could skip the witness ahead of me.  Making it look like they had missed a block. 

The good news is that we really don't need this for 2.0.  We can now modify the signing key of a witness in real time.  So each individual witness should actually consist of a multitude of nodes which are set up in a chain, and if a block is missed production is moved from one node to another.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
Do we have no opinion?

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
I think there should be a mechanism that does not work for the witness to automatically go down。Then the bench filled witness。