Author Topic: Bring Bitshares 2.0 smartcoin tech to Greece ASAP.  (Read 3229 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The main factor of barter network fall was fraud: Faking IOUs, bond inflation, dishonest club leaders, etc.
No need to say BitShares would have been an ideal solution for those few but decisive weaknesses. And it makes centralized business models like tradenow.gr obsolete.

^THIS
 +5%

Exactly !!!
That will be our strongest argument as it seems!.
I will find examples on scams that already happened and let them known about them.... (I assume they already known some, so it will be easier....)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
+5%

Wow! I noticed that after your link! And they seem to be  very popular already (alexa.com). How did we miss that?
I will get in touch with mf-tzo to reach them out ASAP
If you need technical assistance please just drop me a line (fabian@bitshares.eu) .. this could be huge

+5% +5% +5%

thanks very much xeroc!

We decided with mf-tzo too see them after 13 October just to be sure about everything and foremost be better prepared. (we must make more home-study both and have a couple of physical meetings)

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
By the way, collaborative internationalization platform is ready to publish translations on bitshares.org, you can test it behavior switching to Spanish (still in progress, I'm translating it myself when I have the time).

https://www.transifex.com/bitshares/bitshares-org/live/ is open for everyone to translate but you have to create a free account (or login with github or gmail) to use the Live feature, which we are using to translate bitshares.org.

I'll add Greek now. Just ask for permissions to manage translation teams, to review or to publish translations.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
 +5% for bringing this topic.

Barter economies goes far beyond from what tradenow.gr business model can offer.

On Argentina 2001 financial crisis, thousands of barter clubs emerged from middle class as a grassroots palliative to scarcity. By 2002 about 5 million people resorted to barter to meet basic needs with no money (frozen bank accounts, inflation, riots and looting to contextualize just a little).

Local barter clubs formed a network with no central node or regulations. They were not even based on LETS or other fundamentals because of its spontaneous nature.

The main factor of barter network fall was fraud: Faking IOUs, bond inflation, dishonest club leaders, etc.

No need to say BitShares would have been an ideal solution for those few but decisive weaknesses. And it makes centralized business models like tradenow.gr obsolete.

I think of a customizable mobile wallet that issuer organizations can easily tweak to look as they're own, with the ability to show it's name and just they're own UIA, with the trading pair they choose and maybe an option to enable some advanced features like recurring payments and accout permissions. A wallet that issuers have to customize just once to bring it simplified to users, so they don't get scared having to understand or to trust BitShares at all.

Non profit organizations and communities would gratefully pay for issuance and tx fees in this scenarios and may become big on ramps as a side effect.

I'd like to collaborate on something like community/non-profit organizations issued assets.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I got you luckybit.  +5% +5%

I will contact them and let you know the outcome.

Your post below was a lightbolbe for me and I need to think some things now   :)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
+5% +5% to luckybit for discovering these things!!

I will speak with liondani and contact them.

In the meantime I want to play the devils advocate a little bit:

1) Why would this specific company be interested in bitshares and use biteur? They have already their monetary system 1TP = 1 euro. Simple and easy and no technical skills whatsoever.

2) Why a LETS company would want to use bitshares and not just a simple trading  point system? Please list a couple of arguments..

3) How can no technical guys who don't know and don't want to know about shorting biteur to themselves would be able to find biteuros?
How the liquidity problem of bitassets can be solved?
They will need external partners providing the biteur liquidity right? Do we have anyone in mind?

4) What can we offer as a community to technically help a company like this or any other LETS company?

These are the questions that we need to have answers I think in order to present bitshares and bitassets to any company..
Offer a partnership. Tell them that instead of competition you would rather collaborate.

They don't need BitEur but they do need an ability to enable barter in a way which can scale and which is most importantly best for Greece. The technology of Bitshares is simply better than the way they are going about doing smartcoins and barter. They can keep everything they are doing and just switch their backend technology without even telling anyone.

I would say approach them and the main thing I can see is that you can help them do what they already do, without central points of trust. They might want the ability to let people barter olive oil tokens for tshirt tokens and having it happen on Bitshares is win win.

Of course there is a high probability they can say no but in that case a Greek entrepreneur from the Bitshares community could easily set up a site which directly competes with theirs with Bitshares on the backend. It's of course better not to compete but it's not a difficult set to set up.
"We don't want to throw anything away — we recycle everything. It's not just about being for poor people, I agree that for them the value of being able to barter is even greater, but it's more of a cultural thing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:55:37 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

1) Why would this specific company be interested in bitshares and use biteur? They have already their monetary system 1TP = 1 euro. Simple and easy and no technical skills whatsoever.

2) Why a LETS company would want to use bitshares and not just a simple trading  point system? Please list a couple of arguments..

3) How can no technical guys who don't know and don't want to know about shorting biteur to themselves would be able to find biteuros?
They will need external partners providing the biteur liquidity right? Do we have anyone in mind?

4) What can we offer as a community to technically help a company like this or any other LETS company?

These are the questions that we need to have answers I think in order to present bitshares and bitassets to any company..

Perhaps begin by lightly asking them where their pain points are.... then you'll know the answers to your questions..... Part of the sales process.....
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%

Wow! I noticed that after your link! And they seem to be  very popular already (alexa.com). How did we miss that?
If you need technical assistance please just drop me a line (fabian@bitshares.eu) .. this could be huge

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
 +5%

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
http://sputniknews.com/business/20150922/1027354738/greece-online-trading-website.html

If you're from Greece and can speak Greek, contact Tradenow and let them know about what Bitshares 2.0 can do for Greece.

http://www.tradenow.gr/

If they are going to barter it makes sense to use state of the art technology to do it. At the same time if they don't like Bitshares tech it's a good idea for any company or organization which wants to use Bitshares for a global LETS type system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_exchange_trading_system
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:29:32 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads