Author Topic: Adsense Strugles  (Read 2470 times)

Offline alberto65

• View Profile
Adsense is really wird, it doesn't work always fine with me, I left it

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
You probably don't click the ads much if at all, so Google is probably grasping at straws to get you to click an ad. Either that...

That is very accurate , btw.
 If I ever click on ad, it is when I see that the first result on my search term, also has a google adwords advertising on top of it  :)  [and I am not joking]

But the whole point is that 90% of the visitors of this forum are like me...or worse.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Understand that Adsense Ads are personalized based on a lot of factors.
Currently on my screen:

-Adsense Publisher
-Adsense formats
-Adsense ADS
-Sample Proposal
Are you reading a forum post about Adsense at the moment? Yes. The content of the page you are looking at is one of the determining factors for which ads are displayed.

Adsense is clueless on here. Mine currently has:

-Dow Stock Market
-Stock Shares
-Stock Price
-How to Buy Stock
Does this site discuss trading and markets? Yes. Ads delivered therefore match the content.
Do you ever visit sites that discuss stocks, the stock markets, finance? Your browsing history is another determining factor in which ads are displayed.
Cool explanation BUT Goolge /ad sense ( add-no-sense) knows [I have read my report, I know they are good at sneaky following me and data dissemination] I speak only 2 languages (3 according to them but anyway)...non of them is Chinese...unfortunately. So why  serve me stuff in that language?

PS
Yes, I have posted in the Chinese sub-forum....but they should be aware of a thingy called "Google Translate"....
Google and the publisher only make money when you actually click, publishers get paid pennies for thousands of impressions. You probably don't click the ads much if at all, so Google is probably grasping at straws to get you to click an ad. Either that, or those ads appeared while you were on the Chinese forum page so it would make sense that the ads were in Chinese.

Too bad (not really) we don't have image ads, those are much funnier/noticeable when they are off target.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Currently on my screen:

-Adsense Publisher
-Adsense formats
-Adsense ADS
-Sample Proposal
Are you reading a forum post about Adsense at the moment? Yes. The content of the page you are looking at is one of the determining factors for which ads are displayed.

-Dow Stock Market
-Stock Shares
-Stock Price
-How to Buy Stock
Does this site discuss trading and markets? Yes. Ads delivered therefore match the content.
Do you ever visit sites that discuss stocks, the stock markets, finance? Your browsing history is another determining factor in which ads are displayed.
Cool explanation BUT Goolge /ad sense ( add-no-sense) knows [I have read my report, I know they are good at sneaky following me and data dissemination] I speak only 2 languages (3 according to them but anyway)...non of them is Chinese...unfortunately. So why  serve me stuff in that language?

PS
Yes, I have posted in the Chinese sub-forum....but they should be aware of a thingy called "Google Translate"....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:42:22 am by tonyk »

Offline mint chocolate chip

Currently on my screen:

-Adsense Publisher
-Adsense formats
-Adsense ADS
-Sample Proposal

-Dow Stock Market
-Stock Shares
-Stock Price
-How to Buy Stock

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Currently on my screen:

-Adsense Publisher
-Adsense formats
-Adsense ADS
-Sample Proposal

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I was served a good one lol

Google 提供的广告 

► 中国基金网

► 基金保险

► 基金净值

► 两全保险

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'm not seeing it on my office pc .. but on my home laptop .. :) weird
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

-Dow Stock Market
-Stock Shares
-Stock Price
-How to Buy Stock

I wonder if anyone clicks on these. Any real income from using Adsense on here? If not, it might be better to internally market or cross-market: put a banner ad for downloading the BitShares wallet or run a PeerTracks ad, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Adsense is really really struggling what words to put on bitsharestalk.org. I sometimes wonder if they have a single click through already?

Below is an example of the last attempt I saw:

► Sample Proposal

► Proposal Template

► RFP Template

► Bid Proposal