Author Topic: Reputation, voting weight, and referral program.  (Read 3758 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
1. why not. but that can be done by blockchain sites.

2. we got proxy voting, and that's okay for me. the wallet shouldn't give recommendations on votes.

Why shouldn't the wallet give recommendations as long as it's recommending criteria and not individuals?

I think for proxy voting, going by criteria makes plenty of sense.  How do you know which individuals earned your vote if you don't have indexes? If you have indexes you can automate the whole process and simply subscribe to vote according to the list.

what's the main target for a successful marketer? - make even more money.

means, if I was top referrer and people would blindly vote for me because they see the recommendation and think I'm voting in their interest - well nope. I would vote for a higher refback percentage for example. more money for me, less money for every other worker (devs). it's too dangerous to make it too easy for voters.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

2. we got proxy voting, and that's okay for me. the wallet shouldn't give recommendations on votes.

Why shouldn't the wallet give recommendations as long as it's recommending criteria and not individuals?

I think for proxy voting, going by criteria makes plenty of sense.  How do you know which individuals earned your vote if you don't have indexes? If you have indexes you can automate the whole process and simply subscribe to vote according to the list.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Here is an idea, how about

1. An index of top referrers. This could be displayed in the wallet itself.
2. An ability to automatically subscribe voting power to the top referrers.

The idea being that voting power could be correlated with how successful a participant is at bringing new money into the ecosystem. Referrers bring new money into the ecosystem and it can be measured, so their good reputation could be rewarded with voting power.

Anyone who brings in new money increases the Bitshares market cap which benefits the whole ecosystem. So the top referrers are objectively providing benefit. If I could automatically through some checkbox reward the top referrers then it would give power to the people most successful at growing Bitshares.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:50:10 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads