Author Topic: 0.9.2 trasnsition to 2.0 question  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I'm using the wallet found here wallet.bitshares.org when I click on the Save button to backup keys it downloads a file names Download does that sound correct?

you could open an account with the webwallet and hold your coins there until 2.0 release in 13 days.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
you could open an account with the webwallet and hold your coins there until 2.0 release in 13 days.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Please post on Reddit also to help allot of people that are like me when finished. I wonder when Poloniex is going to announce the transition will be smooth on there end. I have allot of coins on Poloniex also.
- Rest assured that you funds will be secure ..
- Currently I am writing a migration howto and am close to finishing up even more documentation
- The wallet will be run in browser .. if safari does not support all features (which I am sure it does) .. then you can install chrome or firefox to run the wallet ..
- you will need to upgrade to 0.9.3c eventually to make a bts2.0-compatible backup of your wallet .. but that you can do way later too (unless you want to claim your funds right at 2.0 launch)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
- Rest assured that you funds will be secure ..
- Currently I am writing a migration howto and am close to finishing up even more documentation
- The wallet will be run in browser .. if safari does not support all features (which I am sure it does) .. then you can install chrome or firefox to run the wallet ..
- you will need to upgrade to 0.9.3c eventually to make a bts2.0-compatible backup of your wallet .. but that you can do way later too (unless you want to claim your funds right at 2.0 launch)

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I'm running the 0.9.2 client on my Mac and I don't want to mess with anything since it's running good. I've heard the newest client has allot of bugs with the Mac and I don't want any issues so I'm sticking with 0.9.2. Now when 2.0 is released how do I safely upgrade to 2.0 when running 0.9.2?