Author Topic: Coordinating Continuous Internationalization for BitShares and Graphene  (Read 10076 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I can not load Czech language version on Bitshares.org form the box right down corner.
Can anybody try it please.
I've noticed that as well .. but have no idea what actually goes wrong .. there are no meaningful error messages in the javascript console so that I couldn't figure out what's wrong :(
That´s a pity. I am not capable to help with software problems.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I can not load Czech language version on Bitshares.org form the box right down corner.
I've noticed that as well .. but have no idea what actually goes wrong .. there are no meaningful error messages in the javascript console so that I couldn't figure out what's wrong :(

Offline valtr

• View Profile

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Wow good job, was it easy?
Lasts 3 weekends and evenings  after coming home.
I would not say easy.
Than and if it will be reviewed as good, I may follow with docs.

Offline bitacer

How about docs.bitshares.eu, are you planning to work on that too?

Offline bitacer

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Czech translation of bitshares.org is ready on Transifex .
100% of source text done, but not rewied.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
First I want to apologize for the delay, I had to attend to some personal issues for the last two weeks. Everything is back in place now, so let the continuous localization process begin.

Now the good news, Continuous Integration is ready!

User Interface strings and integrated Help contents are now always up to date on Transifex. Also each 100% translated source file on Transifex triggers a commit to the source code, so every completed translation will always be available on subsequent web and light wallet releases.

Thanks to the exemplary work done by bitsacer, who keeps graphene-ui Turkish translation always 100% up to date, we can lively check that this process is working smoothly. Turkish translation is 100% on last light  and web wallets, at OpenLedger for example: https://bitshares.openledger.info/  (on the Settings gear, click English to switch language)

Please check detailed instructions at: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/master/translate-howto.md

Remember we can also translate bitshares.org, docs.bitshares.eu and openledger.info "in context" with the respective Transifex Live projects at https://www.transifex.com/bitshares/

Offline svk

Yea I did the french translations but at one point I stopped doing it so it's missing a lot of keys right now.

I'm not a native speaker though so if someone wants to improve the French translations in there feel free to do so.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I could help for turkish translation. Can someone send me the link here please. I was just thinking about the effectiveness of short videos like the ones Salman Khan does on Khan Academy. Many people will have hard time comprehending totally what such things like a witness or a delegate are and what they do . Short videos  each couple of minutes would really help people  understand basic terminology and the functions .

@bitsacer, are you dairemerkezi on Transifex? If so you are doing it great job translating graphene-ui into Turkish, we should grant  Reviewer permissions.

Same to inarizushi Transifex user wtth French translation. If you read this please let me know so we can keep in touch.

Remember that changes on translation source file are pulled once a day from github.com/graphene-ui.
You can click on Watch Project from the source file page of the project to get notified each time new strings comes from github (https://www.transifex.com/bitshares/graphene-ui/content/)

When translations get completed and reviewed I'll be pushing them to github. Reviewers and Language Coordinators can do that themselves if they want.

I'm glad to see more people joining

The UI has been partially translated in French in Github, but not by me (here: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/tree/master/web/app/assets/locales). I guess it's @svk that did it?
No translation seems to be missing on this file (even though some are not translated and are in English) however on the web wallet when you select the French wallet there is a lot of "missing translation". I suppose it's because the labels keep changing for the moment.

I would like to be more in translating but it's hard to see what has the most priority and what is going to change. Do keep in touch with me, if you give me specific tasks I'll do them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitacer

Can someone explain how I can push the translation to github ? thanks

I've just created a pull request from your updated translation. Sorry again for the delay, this will be automated soon!

By the way thank you for the constant feedback and the heads by opening issues on Transifex.

Hey , great job as always , thanks.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile

I've just created a pull request from your updated translation. Sorry again for the delay, this will be automated soon!

By the way thank you for the constant feedback and the heads by opening issues on Transifex.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile

Hey bitsaucer! I've briefly explained how to create the pull request a few posts above.

Hi bitsacer, you are doing a great job with Turkish translations.

As soon as I can, and if devs agree, I'll have to set up a server that bridges Transifex and Github because there's a lot of content that the wallet is fetching from github markdown pages. Meanwhile you can download your locale from Transifex and create a pull request for the respective file, in your case https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/master/web/app/assets/locales/locale-tr.js

I check at least once a day if translations are up to date with the last commit and create the pull requests myself. I've been quite busy this week, sorry if there has been any delay.

I'll take your question to provide a general update. I haven't been more detailed  above for two reasons, one is to prevent devs from having to deal with many extra pull requests non related to priority issues, I don't want localization to be an extra effort to them.

The other reason is that now we have LOTS of content to translate from a different source (github markdown help pages). This is a non usual case for software localization as we have a folder structure instead of single locale/po files for each language. I like this approach because the same format can be deployed to web apps,  wikis,  Jekyll (bitshares.org) or sphinx websites (docs.bitshares.eu or http://python-graphenelib.readthedocs.org ) among other possibilities. Same will be possible with translated content.

Thus I'm happily struggling to bridge github markdown pages with transifex when I have the time.. I've already set up a server that ensures we always have up-to-date translations in Github and that the source text in Transifex resources are kept up-to-date with the text in Github (note for devs: a fork that automatically syncs  from upstream repository).
Just trying some hacks to make Transifex to respect the folder structure on github for each language, it's not a platform intended to manage folders but I've almost got it.

I'll make a more informative and better organized thread as soon as I have updates.

Offline bitacer

Offline bitacer

I could help for turkish translation. Can someone send me the link here please. I was just thinking about the effectiveness of short videos like the ones Salman Khan does on Khan Academy. Many people will have hard time comprehending totally what such things like a witness or a delegate are and what they do . Short videos  each couple of minutes would really help people  understand basic terminology and the functions .

@bitsacer, are you dairemerkezi on Transifex? If so you are doing it great job translating graphene-ui into Turkish, we should grant  Reviewer permissions.

Same to inarizushi Transifex user wtth French translation. If you read this please let me know so we can keep in touch.

Remember that changes on translation source file are pulled once a day from github.com/graphene-ui.
You can click on Watch Project from the source file page of the project to get notified each time new strings comes from github (https://www.transifex.com/bitshares/graphene-ui/content/)

When translations get completed and reviewed I'll be pushing them to github. Reviewers and Language Coordinators can do that themselves if they want.

I'm glad to see more people joining

Hey , how are you doing . Could you please tell me how to do that  . Thanks