Author Topic: Migration Guide for 1.0 to 2.0  (Read 14527 times)

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

I just tried to export keys from the console. Its says "ok" in the console but there is no sign of the keys.json file in the appdata/roaming/bitshares folder.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The guide could do with a section on what to do between Installation and User Guide - i.e. what to actually run which gets built by the previous step.
Absolutely .. I just recently started with the User Guide

Offline monsterer

The guide could do with a section on what to do between Installation and User Guide - i.e. what to actually run which gets built by the previous step.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
http://docs.bitshares.eu/installation/Build.html doesn't mention that g++-4.9 isn't available for 14.04 LTS, you need to do this first:

Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update

thanks .. updating ..

Offline monsterer

http://docs.bitshares.eu/installation/Build.html doesn't mention that g++-4.9 isn't available for 14.04 LTS, you need to do this first:

Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Yes .. I noticed that too.. I have no idea who is responsible for the windwos builds and why it takes so long for them to rebuild that wallet into a *d version .. I'll try to contact the devs more aggressively now ..

jakub

why not fix the GUI backup bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+5%

it will confuse many if not fixed...
and it will be counterproductive for the members that must explain to newbies what to do every time....
and the most important, it's bad PR/marketing just a few days before the release...

That's the reason (if you haven't noticed) .. why the migration guide still tells people to use the console

But what is the reason 0.9.3c cannot be replaced with 0.9.3d where the whole issue can easily be fixed?
There is more and more confusion, e.g. in the recent Muse announcement:

So in a Nutshell:
  • Go to https://bitshares.org/download/ and download BitShares 0.9.3
  • Then, if you have Notes on an external/centralized exchange, go to that/those exchanges and transfer all Notes to your own wallet (version 0.9.3.)
  • Once your Notes are in your possession, in your new desktop wallet, click “File” and “Export Wallet” and save that .json file to your computer (or somewhere super duper trooper safe)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

+5%

and it will be counterproductive for the members that must explain to newbies what to do every time....
and the most important, it's bad PR/marketing just a few days before the release...

That's the reason (if you haven't noticed) .. why the migration guide still tells people to use the console

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

+5%

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have a general remark: the navigation bar at the top is very counterintuitive. It took me a while to understand the logic behind it.
The convention is to show the path leading to the currently viewed content.
Thanks for the input .. it's not breadcrums .. and I had the same issue at first .. it's a sphinx-feature and I will thing about a way to make it more clear that it is "<pre - top - next>"

Offline bitacer

Exactly my question why not just export your wallet? I have a Mac isn't the export wallet GUI feature sufficient?

why not update 0.9.3cGUI?
0.9.3c has two kinds of json files. (1) one from GUI export, (2) one from command line export. You cannot import (1) in Graphene. You should use (2). I am sure 0.9.3d will have identical json files with these two methods.

jakub

I have a general remark: the navigation bar at the top is very counterintuitive. It took me a while to understand the logic behind it.
The convention is to show the path leading to the currently viewed content.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Exactly my question why not just export your wallet? I have a Mac isn't the export wallet GUI feature sufficient?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags