Author Topic: Migration Guide for 1.0 to 2.0  (Read 14521 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I used 0.9.3 Windows GUI to export, and now I read that it is wrong. Does that mean that I am screwed? I have a copy of the wallet too.

I am travelling and won't have access to my PC till Wednesday. Its shocking that I used the latest version and apparently it is not the correct way.

I bought some on Poloniex recently and now I think I wil leave it there. Are there any other airderops which I wil miss out by keeping it there?

you have to use console how to: http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/09/bitshares-how-to-prepare-your-wallet.html

Offline habeler

I used 0.9.3 Windows GUI to export, and now I read that it is wrong. Does that mean that I am screwed? I have a copy of the wallet too.

I am travelling and won't have access to my PC till Wednesday. Its shocking that I used the latest version and apparently it is not the correct way.

I bought some on Poloniex recently and now I think I wil leave it there. Are there any other airderops which I wil miss out by keeping it there?
1LeQTkxdpvZFU23qA22xas2zvqzTHMa48T
bts-habeler876

Offline CalabiYau

On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

I just tried to export keys from the console. Its says "ok" in the console but there is no sign of the keys.json file in the appdata/roaming/bitshares folder.

I had to run as administrator to get it to save the file on windows.  I tried entering in full path etc and nothing worked until i ran as admin.

I really dont know why this has not been fixed its going to cause so many problems come the 2.0 launch...

I am having the same problem..except I've got Win 7 Professional..even run as administrator did not help..
Is there a reason why the json file does not show up in the "appdata/roaming/bitshares" folder..?  However when I tried to do it again whether using the full path name or not.. the console says"  File already exists!!...

Does anyone know what is the command to use in the console to delete this "invisible" in Windows explorer" file?
Or does it not matter and I should just save a version of keys.json in some other location to be imported after the 13th?

This is very frustrating...It almost makes me want to leave my bts on the Exchanges....however they have given no indication as to
whether or not they are going to migrate/upgrade..!?   

I think the value of BTS will increase significantly if one did not feel such apprehension and nervousness when trying to manage
one's crypto assets...(I've already given up trying to figure out what to do with some PTS left in a webwallet..)

Thanks

P.S.. As an "Average Joe" I don't comment much on the forum but I do visit as often as I can to try and keep up with what's going on...but I wish things like this migration was easier to accomplish and less nerve wracking..:-)

Whoever is looking for his "console export file" in windows, produced like e.g.

wallet_export_keys C:\desktop\export-keys.json

in explorer search for ".json"

and the file will show up.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
what would happen, if users do not export the wallet keys using the 0.9.3C version before migration deadline ?

They will still be able to open 0.9.3 and export.  even if the chain is dead.  Someone could also write a tool that will change an old style backup to a graphene compatible backup.  It is beyond my abilities though.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Overthetop

what would happen, if users do not export the wallet keys using the 0.9.3C version before migration deadline ?

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline emailtooaj

On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

I just tried to export keys from the console. Its says "ok" in the console but there is no sign of the keys.json file in the appdata/roaming/bitshares folder.

I had to run as administrator to get it to save the file on windows.  I tried entering in full path etc and nothing worked until i ran as admin.

I really dont know why this has not been fixed its going to cause so many problems come the 2.0 launch...

I am having the same problem..except I've got Win 7 Professional..even run as administrator did not help..
Is there a reason why the json file does not show up in the "appdata/roaming/bitshares" folder..?  However when I tried to do it again whether using the full path name or not.. the console says"  File already exists!!...

Does anyone know what is the command to use in the console to delete this "invisible" in Windows explorer" file?
Or does it not matter and I should just save a version of keys.json in some other location to be imported after the 13th?

This is very frustrating...It almost makes me want to leave my bts on the Exchanges....however they have given no indication as to

I think the value of BTS will increase significantly if one did not feel such apprehension and nervousness when trying to manage
one's crypto assets...(I've already given up trying to figure out what to do with some PTS left in a webwallet..)

Thanks

P.S.. As an "Average Joe" I don't comment much on the forum but I do visit as often as I can to try and keep up with what's going on...but I wish things like this migration was easier to accomplish and less nerve wracking..:-)

Hey sirlo,
Under Windows, that particular json (keys file) gets dumped into the C:/Program File section... or where ever you located/installed your Bitshares.exe file too. 
It does not dump/store into the appdata/roaming folder like your normal wallet "export" does.
Hope this helps!

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Poloniex have made an official announcement that they will migrate.

Offline sirlo

• View Profile
On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

Thanks

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
you need to   use
Code: [Select]
wallet_export_keys c:\bts\bts.json  contain  path

That works, thanks.

This worked for me also - thanks
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

For me it's also quite incredible that the problem has been raised so many times on this forum and CNX has been unable to supply a simple fix for this issue.
We are shooting ourselves in the foot in a very critical moment.

jaran

On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
you need to   use

That works, thanks.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

you need to   use

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
I don't think it was created, windows search brought up a GUI backup I did a couple of days ago but no new file.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
On Windows 8.1, v0.9.3c

try windows search for .json - maybe you'll find it