Author Topic: Hoarding bitshares (the Cryptocurrency death)  (Read 1741 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
A crypto will make people want to hoard it (a good thing) if its fees earned are greater than its expenses, i.e. if it is deflationary. If it inflates thereby continuously requiring subsidy from new buyers, then eventually its price will collapse (as it should).

If BitShares provides a decent trading experience then it will collect enough fees to be deflationary and we can all benefit as sharehoarders.

...I hope.

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
Ever since, bitcoin was given to the world, by the genius of Satoshi, people did not realise the implications. being the first cryptocurrency people used it, spent it, and many lost it, they did not think of hoarding it or very few did. As the popularity of Bitcoin increased, many started to believe in the magic of increasing value, so they hoarded too, hoping someday that they too will become millionaires.  However, as the technology became known to the world and new adaptations like bitshares hit the market, the value of one cryptocurrency was saturated, but still people believed in this magic value which was gained by hoarding cryptocurrencies.  But isn't a cryptocurrency's value gained by the amount it is used, by the amount of people that use it. Bitcoin's value was not created by people hoarding but by its originality.

STOP HOARDING AND START TRADING SO I CAN MAKE SOME MONEY!!!! (or lose it)

Hoarding BTS is way better right now for its value than anything else.

BTS will rise based on the dividends it pays in the form of BTS being burned from transaction fees. 

The way to use BTS is not to spend BTS to buy a product, but rather to use BTS in the Bitshares DEX to create bitAssets, and then spend THEM on things.

Thank you Ander for mentioning what you said. I was still trying to figure out what to do with Bitshares in the future. I'm still learning Bitshares as a whole ^_^

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's a myth that hoarding harms a currency. If no one is giving, spending, or trading it, then that might hurt demand simply because the outside world is not learning about it. We are all responsible for bringing BitShares to the world, whether we are spending it or not. But that obligation is separate from holding, which does nothing to limit the coin's potential. If it is in high demand, then a smaller slice will simply be worth more. You can keep moving the decimal point, which is one of the wonderful things about cryptocurrencies.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Ever since, bitcoin was given to the world, by the genius of Satoshi, people did not realise the implications. being the first cryptocurrency people used it, spent it, and many lost it, they did not think of hoarding it or very few did. As the popularity of Bitcoin increased, many started to believe in the magic of increasing value, so they hoarded too, hoping someday that they too will become millionaires.  However, as the technology became known to the world and new adaptations like bitshares hit the market, the value of one cryptocurrency was saturated, but still people believed in this magic value which was gained by hoarding cryptocurrencies.  But isn't a cryptocurrency's value gained by the amount it is used, by the amount of people that use it. Bitcoin's value was not created by people hoarding but by its originality.

Hoarding BTS is way better right now for its value than anything else.

BTS will rise based on the dividends it pays in the form of BTS being burned from transaction fees. 

The way to use BTS is not to spend BTS to buy a product, but rather to use BTS in the Bitshares DEX to create bitAssets, and then spend THEM on things.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Even with a currency, hoarding of the currency is good.

Hoarding is a pejorative term for saving which is just another word for DEMAND.   DEMAND is what gives things value, without demand there is no value.

The only thing you are asking for people to do is to "SELL"  or to "SELL" and then "BUY" which will change nothing other than inflating the market volumes and cost them fees.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Don't ..
BitShares is NOT money. It's also not a currency. It's a share in a company. Hence I do not intend to 'spend' it anytime soon.
Instead, I will certainly use bitUSD and btiCNY for spending and trading.

Shouting doesn't help get your statement accross in this forum. It may help in bitcointalk, but not here

Offline ncinic

• View Profile