Author Topic: What happened to the stress test using non-ghetto VPS hardware?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline ElMato

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

Just thinking, there should be a field witnesses add that displays there there hardware specs. Just  processor, ram an OS is all that's needed. That we we can see what the specs are in the explorer.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I only got a response from two people so I decided interest wasn't high enough to spend my time putting it together
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline r0ach

• View Profile
Doing stress tests with things like single cores in the loop when you have parallelization processes just makes BTS look bad.  At the very least, we need a bench with only quad cores and high network bandwidth only.  There also needs to be a asterisk stating the TPS continues to scale with more CPU cores and HD+network bandwidth as well.  Clayop's current tests are doing far more harm than good because he doesn't state anything about hardware used or what bottlenecks occurred.  The public sees these tests and thinks Bitshares is under-performing.

It's like a hardware company releasing a mouse with 4m/s perfect control speed, but you let some random guy test the mouse underwater and publish the results.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:28:26 am by r0ach »