Author Topic: BitShares Dev Hangout: Bytemaster – September 25, 2015 Transcript  (Read 3733 times)

Tuck Fheman

Also neat to devour 1 hour in 10 min. :)

Except for the transcriber, it's more like 1 hour in 5-7 hours. ;)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Yeah that is half the point transcribing the hangouts, Google food for Beyond Bitcoin!

Also neat to devour 1 hour in 10 min. :)

Offline thisisausername

wow.  nice!  thank you very much for doing this!  @tuckfheman, we might have someone who could get paid in brownies for helping you out with these :)

Didn't realize anyone else had this task; I hope I'm not stepping on any toes.

I would be super-appreciative, though. :)

Edit: In case anyone didn't notice, I also did a summary of the Oct 2nd hangout.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:51:29 pm by thisisausername »
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline MarketingMonk

• Leading People to Freedom
    • View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
  • BitShares: marketing.monk

A witness is a elected person that signs blocks. They were called delegates in BTS 1.0

Perfect answer. That's exactly what I wanted, nice and precise :)

Offline MarketingMonk

• View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
Jabba,
I'm aware of this site however the content isn't indexable by Google since its audio.

I was referring specifically about the text version which Google can index and that provides great Google food.

Offline JA

• View Profile
These transcripts are an ideal marketing tool.

If this amount of text were posted on a blog and we kept posting that amount of content regularly we'd generate a nice flow of organic search traffic.

That would help us acquire new users.

https://beyondbitcoin.org

jakub

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
A witness is a elected person that signs blocks. They were called delegates in BTS 1.0
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline MarketingMonk

• View Profile
These transcripts are an ideal marketing tool.

If this amount of text were posted on a blog and we kept posting that amount of content regularly we'd generate a nice flow of organic search traffic.

That would help us acquire new users.

Also, can some please tell me what a witness is? I've never heard that term in the context of BitShares before.

Offline betax

• View Profile

Someone: In 0.9.3 is the exporting just through the GUI export function or does it require the command line?

Bytemaster:I updated the menu in the menubar to use the new version.

Watch out - currently this is not true for Windows, until a bug is fixed you need to do it not via the menu-bar as BM says but via the console as recommended in xeroc's guide

^^^^ Correct, been there :).

On another point, this is absolutely great!. This quickly demonstrates the amount of invaluable information that is given in these hangouts. What a great work (and I guess very tedious), I would love to see one every week. As I listen at the mumble and releasing afterwards.. but nothing beats speed reading :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

Someone: In 0.9.3 is the exporting just through the GUI export function or does it require the command line?

Bytemaster:I updated the menu in the menubar to use the new version.

Watch out - currently this is not true for Windows, until a bug is fixed you need to do it not via the menu-bar as BM says but via the console as recommended in xeroc's guide

Offline fuzzy

wow.  nice!  thank you very much for doing this!  @tuckfheman, we might have someone who could get paid in brownies for helping you out with these :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi