Author Topic: NOTE value after snapshot  (Read 16597 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
museUSD will be backed by MUSE .. fees are payed/burned in MUSE (finally)

Thats a better value proposition than bitcoin! Satisfied?

This is why they have value.  They have the same purpose in MUSE as BTS does in Bitshares.

I dont think anyone is going to be buying notes in order to vote, at least that wont be their main reason.  If that was all they did they would indeed be pretty worthless.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
museUSD will be backed by MUSE .. fees are payed/burned in MUSE (finally)

Thats a better value proposition than bitcoin! Satisfied?

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
i am talking about the economical value in terms of demand and supply...

when the project launches i don't see notes being traded that heavily thus missing liquidity and volatility.

it will be most likely a token without economical purpose right? i mean if you look at it as a business you will have to increase the demand to gain more value but what will drive the demand for notes?

those votes... how much will votes play a role in the daily routine? i look at it as the backend and most of the game will happen on the top.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Export your wallet on Oct 12th and you'll likely never have to fire up the BTS client again.

?

i am serious... i have the feeling that it will be almost worthless, because no one will need notes to do business in muse.

To vote. People think the only value those assets have is because of feature X or Y, but they forget that those assets (BTS and NOTES) are the ones which will allow you to vote and choose the future of those chains. It will represent the value of the chain itself. Now you ask, why don't people just trade artist coins with eachother, is there any use for NOTES? Well, on top of voting, assuming it will also function like BTS, NOTES will be used to back other market pegged assets of the chain, I will assume there wont be as many as in BTS obviously but at least NOTEUSD or whatever will be there. Also transactions cost fees, meaning you will have to pay with notes for those fees. It maintains the network alive. I say this assuming that since it uses graphene that some basic stuff will be the same.

If you have a little understanding of how a blockchain works or the business model of BTS and/or NOTES you should already have an idea of how NOTES have value.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
too bad you cannot get a normal discussion, because this stupid attitude in crypto will never disappear....

i am asking about the real value of note in the muse chain.

How do you expect to have a normal conversation if you don't ask a normal question?  Fact is, you come across as a FUD'er.  But to answer your question with another question, why on god's green earth would NOTEs become worthless?  NOTEs are the underlying currency of the MUSE blockchain atop which PeerTracks is built.  I think NOTES will have great value and in fact their value is already going up.  Now if you ask me why MUSE needs it's own blockchain, I'm not not even remotely convinced that it's necessary or the best idea.  But that's another matter.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
too bad you cannot get a normal discussion, because this stupid attitude in crypto will never disappear....

then you should not ignore my answer.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Export your wallet on Oct 12th and you'll likely never have to fire up the BTS client again.

?

i am serious... i have the feeling that it will be almost worthless, because no one will need notes to do business in muse.

Then sell yours to us.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

?

Offline Riverhead

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
and what will happen to our notes after we imported it to MUSE?

what will those be there for?

its the the same like in the BTS chain, it is the source for everything - museUSD, artistcoins etc. how everything will work is not published, yet!

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
and what will happen to our notes after we imported it to MUSE?

what will those be there for?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
after the snapshot the NOTES on the BTS chain are worthless, because after this MUSE will have their own chain.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
I have the feeling that NOTEs will become "worthless" after museUSD launched.

What are your thoughts on that?