Author Topic: NOTE value after snapshot  (Read 16702 times)

Offline Riverhead

...crypto exchanges where people are assumed to know what they are doing.  Heh.

Have you seen the price of BTS??

Anyway, I agree with the gist of what Cob and Stan are saying. The users will just see USD - the same ChaseUSD they see on their ATM receipts.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
the only problem is the name... i still think it will not contribute to a quick success. There is still  too much association with the famous band MUSE.

Thats why it needs a lot of press and talk to hit google top search results. Otherwise you will have a hard time exploring the project and system behind it.

You need to keep in mind that the underlying MUSE asset will not normally be visible to artists and fans.  Only to cryptospeculators.

Fans will use (bit)USD to purchase SnoopNotes, et. al.  And they won't even know whether the USD in their wallets is a MPA or a UIA.  Only the speculators behind the curtain will know.

So there is no confusion - and the two worlds will only meet on crypto exchanges where people are assumed to know what they are doing.  Heh.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:10:02 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
the only problem is the name... i still think it will not contribute to a quick success. There is still  too much association with the famous band MUSE.

Thats why it needs a lot of press and talk to hit google top search results. Otherwise you will have a hard time exploring the project and system behind it.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Muse actually has a chance of going viral thanks to social networks. It only takes a few people to think it's cool and it will spread, fast. They only need to think "this is the new spotify" and it will happen.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The RIGHT answer , was taken.

I chose the next best.  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:44:22 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline woolcii

• View Profile
I think the solution to MUSE_USD lies in its use.
How will users pay for MUSE? Can they use PayPal or credit card to purchase MUSE (formerly NOTES) via PeerTracks? If so wouldn't PayPal_USD ≈ CORE_USD? In my mind MUSE_USD would simply act as a basket of currencies denominated in "_USD" throughout the ecosystem.

People wishing to buy music, merch, concert tickets, tip, patron, etc. whether doing it on PeerTracks or any other website that connects to MUSE can do so using Smartcoins/MPA.

In this way, both consumers and creators (artists) do business in a currency they are used to (the USD for example)
No need to understand crypto currency, blockchain or any of that "nonesense"
Products are denominated in familiar ways (as opposed to paying 0.00017BTC for a song download) and of course they are shielded from volatility associated with crypto or stock markets.

So the muse_USD will be currency of the music industry... Collateralized by the MUSE core units.

Make sense?

cool

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
How will users pay for MUSE? Can they use PayPal or credit card to purchase MUSE (formerly NOTES) via PeerTracks? If so wouldn't PayPal_USD ≈ CORE_USD? In my mind MUSE_USD would simply act as a basket of currencies denominated in "_USD" throughout the ecosystem.

People wishing to buy music, merch, concert tickets, tip, patron, etc. whether doing it on PeerTracks or any other website that connects to MUSE can do so using Smartcoins/MPA.

In this way, both consumers and creators (artists) do business in a currency they are used to (the USD for example)
Products are denominated in familiar ways (as opposed to paying 0.00017BTC for a song download) and of course they are shielded from volatility associated with crypto or stock markets.

So the muse_USD will be currency of the music industry... Collateralized by the MUSE core units.

Make sense?

:P :P :P

MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

Make sense?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
very silent over here after the snapshot :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
tonyk do you have a proposed solution for a stable crypto that can be used by the music industry?

The only "solution" I see is a merger with the main BTS chain. So coding up the Automatic Royalty Payment Splitter into BTS 2.0 and having everything run on Bit_USD (collateralized by BTS)
This would be great for liquidity no doubt and make it cheaper (less nodes to pay) and grow the network effect. But there are a bunch of other problems imo.
1st We want MUSE to be a blockchain for the Music industry. Meaning a global database that finally takes care of the mess with global royalty payments and copyrights for music.
2nd have it "owned" by the music industry.  The "board of directors" aka people that have been delegated voting power (through proxy voting) should know a thing or two about that ridiculously complicated world.
3rd The business model of BTS is different. BTS has high fees and paid memberships with the referral program. It makes total sense when you are undercutting E-trade, Questrade and the like. But we are entering a different market. We want fees to be a competitive as possible in the music market. We want little Jimmy to trade his Beiber Notes with little Jenny from his mobile App without paying 20 cents or buying a lifetime membership at 80$.

What are your thoughts? A separate blockchain to me seemed like the best solution for our needs. But I'm not the smartest guy in the room by a long shot! Long long long shot :)

I have thoughts...and sometimes solutions too. Unfortunately my efforts are the only ones that apparently do not deserve compensation around here...hell even the clueless traveling  *scapes got free trips for the only effort of being coooool.

So, yes for this pay I can only repeat what I said and try to earn money by using my knowledge otherwise (instead of sharing it for free) :

"Own,  in-house, museUSD is a suicidal decision for the MUSE blockchain."

tonyk, I used to like your posts.. they kept out the riff-raff. Now they are the riff-raff.

You're not a fan of our documentary project... ok. I don't have a problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is your endless personal attacks. It's unprofessional, toxic, malicious.... and way out of line.

The problem is that not everyone sees value in everything.  We can have our own points of view and tony is allowed to have his.  I love our community and how it has grown though...including tony, though i do wish he would refrain from his personal attacks at times too...

What he doesnt quite understand is that many of the GOOD people who received delegate pay (including bit and roadscape) have lottle to show for it other than some money they would have had to put up for it. 

For instance beyond bitcoins delegate has not paid me, but has given the bitshares guild a great deal of value...and the delegate pay divided among ourselves and minebitshares has essentially covered minimal costs.  It is simple reality.

Have I on any occasion said or even hinted that the money your delegate receives is a bad decision? Couse if you interpreted any post of mine like this. it was misinterpretation!

On the other hand when I believe  something is completely wrong, I find subtle and so much so, ways to point it out.

PS
From now on though, I  have no reason to not accuse you of coming to the defense of something well out of hand...just so you keep the status quo.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:16:58 am by tonyk »

Offline fuzzy

tonyk do you have a proposed solution for a stable crypto that can be used by the music industry?

The only "solution" I see is a merger with the main BTS chain. So coding up the Automatic Royalty Payment Splitter into BTS 2.0 and having everything run on Bit_USD (collateralized by BTS)
This would be great for liquidity no doubt and make it cheaper (less nodes to pay) and grow the network effect. But there are a bunch of other problems imo.
1st We want MUSE to be a blockchain for the Music industry. Meaning a global database that finally takes care of the mess with global royalty payments and copyrights for music.
2nd have it "owned" by the music industry.  The "board of directors" aka people that have been delegated voting power (through proxy voting) should know a thing or two about that ridiculously complicated world.
3rd The business model of BTS is different. BTS has high fees and paid memberships with the referral program. It makes total sense when you are undercutting E-trade, Questrade and the like. But we are entering a different market. We want fees to be a competitive as possible in the music market. We want little Jimmy to trade his Beiber Notes with little Jenny from his mobile App without paying 20 cents or buying a lifetime membership at 80$.

What are your thoughts? A separate blockchain to me seemed like the best solution for our needs. But I'm not the smartest guy in the room by a long shot! Long long long shot :)

I have thoughts...and sometimes solutions too. Unfortunately my efforts are the only ones that apparently do not deserve compensation around here...hell even the clueless traveling  *scapes got free trips for the only effort of being coooool.

So, yes for this pay I can only repeat what I said and try to earn money by using my knowledge otherwise (instead of sharing it for free) :

"Own,  in-house, museUSD is a suicidal decision for the MUSE blockchain."

tonyk, I used to like your posts.. they kept out the riff-raff. Now they are the riff-raff.

You're not a fan of our documentary project... ok. I don't have a problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is your endless personal attacks. It's unprofessional, toxic, malicious.... and way out of line.

The problem is that not everyone sees value in everything.  We can have our own points of view and tony is allowed to have his.  I love our community and how it has grown though...including tony, though i do wish he would refrain from his personal attacks at times too...

What he doesnt quite understand is that many of the GOOD people who received delegate pay (including bit and roadscape) have lottle to show for it other than some money they would have had to put up for it. 

For instance beyond bitcoins delegate has not paid me, but has given the bitshares guild a great deal of value...and the delegate pay divided among ourselves and minebitshares has essentially covered minimal costs.  It is simple reality.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What are the chances that Muse can gain mass adoption faster than BitSharez?

Answer:

If MUSE USD is a bad idea then so is bitUSD and ChaseUSD and CoinbaseUSD and USD on every third party exchange, bank, or website that is used for exchange of goods and services.

X Wrong answer.

I am not saying all (or any) of them are good USDs...just saying that if they are, Muse USD is the worst... by a mile.

Additionally the chick will go with the hot music guy ...for the night.
Which the rich guy for the life of marriage....

But she will not on any occasion ask - "Do you happen to have your own USD"?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:04:50 am by tonyk »

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
A group of people who do not understand, and tell the experts how to do

:P :P :P

MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me