Author Topic: [Python] Price Feed Script for BitShares 2.0  (Read 31879 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have no experience with Python under Windows
but I can tell you that it does not matter from which path you start it .. the script connects to the witness/full node via RPC and does not care in which directory the witness binary is or on what machine it is executed

Offline checkrasier

• View Profile
Any recommendation for setting the price feed script setup on Windows?

Does it need to be run in the C:\Program Files\BitShares 2\bin folder?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
OK, we have some control over the madness.

Participating witness I know of:
--------------------------
elmato

mindphlux.witness

spartako

dele-puppy

delegate-1.lafona

rnglab

roadscape

bitcube

cyrano

bhuz

-----------------------

Thanks, from the whole bitshares community. Even from the ones that do not get what are you doing for them right now.

One more - witness in.abit.

We are asking more witnesses to join in our effort to stabilise the market and to provide shorters some time to react and adjust to the new bts2 margin call mechanism.  This is a temporary measure as we believe the decision for the 'maximum_short_squeeze_ratio' should ultimately be made by the committee chaired by BM.  We await BM's advice.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
it's not enough, need more witness to vote for 1100, now  10 witness vote for 1100, 9 for 1500
anyone quit, it back to 1500 again
and I  think we should set 1100 as a hard limit at the source code
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:01:27 am by alt »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
OK, we have some control over the madness.

Participating witness I know of:
--------------------------
elmato

mindphlux.witness

spartako

dele-puppy

delegate-1.lafona

rnglab

roadscape

bitcube

cyrano

bhuz

-----------------------

Thanks, from the whole bitshares community. Even from the ones that do not get what are you doing for them right now.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Ok, I've set cyrano down to 110%.

But this is really not my territory. I strongly agree that the ratio(s) should be set by the committee, not by the witnesses.

Excellent!  I tend to agree with that, but unfortunately this needed to be fixed as soon as possible.

And it's done.  Thank you witnesses, forced collateral selloffs are now reduced to 110% rather than 150%.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

But this is really not my territory. I strongly agree that the ratio(s) should be set by the committee, not by the witnesses.

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
And 8, so 3 or 4 more should do it.

EDIT: Make that 9!
Code: [Select]
MSSR Publisher Published
110% bhuz 2 seconds ago
110% bitcube 6 minutes ago
150% in.abit 7 minutes ago
150% spectral 9 minutes ago
150% wackou 14 minutes ago
110% elmato 15 minutes ago
110% mindphlux.witness 28 minutes ago
110% spartako 30 minutes ago
110% dele-puppy 39 minutes ago
150% bue 1 hour ago
110% delegate-1.lafona 2 hours ago
150% harvey-xts 3 hours ago
150% holytransaction 3 hours ago
110% rnglab 6 hours ago
110% roadscape 8 hours ago
150% delegate.ihashfury 11 hours ago
150% datasecuritynode 13 hours ago
150% mr.agsexplorer 17 hours ago
150% xeldal yesterday
150% cyrano yesterday
150% bts-bitshares-argentina 2 days ago
150% fox 3 days ago
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:43:24 am by Troglodactyl »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

We are currently at 6 feeds at 110%.  As the european and east coast witnesses wake up I am sure this number will increase.  We seem to have stopped the bleeding.  I have got to try to get some sleep now.

My feeds have been setup as well and are updating frequently, however my witness (1.6.49) datasecuritynode has since been voted out, so my publishing is not having any impact.

I can only respond if I have a voted in witness to support the market. So please vote.

I like to also backup what puppy said that the witnesses are trying to coordinate others to update also.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
We are currently at 6 feeds at 110%.  As the european and east coast witnesses wake up I am sure this number will increase.  We seem to have stopped the bleeding.  I have got to try to get some sleep now.

I count 7.  Good work!  We're well on our way.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
There is no issue if you have lots of collateral if your a shorter. YOu need more than 3Xs.

TO BE CLEAR>  THERE IS NO ISSUE.

Well there is!

If you change the rule...post factum!!!

As was done in this particular case!

Either your not understanding the system, or I am really wrong here.  You CAN POST a ASK on the Market without getting short sqeezed if you have lots of collateral.  Try it.  IT works.

OK, go ahead and put it, if you believe it works...

I am ready to eat it up... to reduce my losses
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

clout

There is no issue if you have lots of collateral if your a shorter. YOu need more than 3Xs.

There is an issue. The dev team didn't actually coordinate the upgrade with exchanges so now the main sources of liquidity for bitassets are not available. Shorts can't cover their positions because they can't get any bitassets. The collateral requirement is something like 175% but shorts are getting called before that, and when they are sold they are sold more than 25% less than the actual price. So if you have bitassets and bitshares you can drive down the price of bitshares and get a risk free return of 25%. The only exchange that is upgraded is pump and dump exchange which is why we are seeing the price of bts be dumped on poloniex for 17% lower than on yunbi and btc38. Why is that happening? Because this stupid rule makes it profitable to dump bitshares. The market just needs to be shut down until other exchanges are upgraded.

Offline topcandle

Well there is!

If you change the rule...post factum!!!

As was done in this particular case!

Either your not understanding the system, or I am really wrong here.  You CAN POST a ASK on the Market without getting short sqeezed if you have lots of collateral.  Try it.  IT works. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads