Author Topic: bts1.0 min fee=0.1bts how about bts2.0?  (Read 8976 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
give us a voting range of 0.1 to 20 BTS and we will initially start out at 20 but and when a new competitor finally enters our Public Smart Property space, the. we can lower the price to undercut the competition. Its business 101.  Launch your new tech product with high profit margins the. lower it over time to discourage competitio.  This will allow us to keep the monopoly longer and pay for more R&D with serious profits.

the fees are good for several things we need:

- flood prevention
- affiliate marketers
- fee pool (which funds development)

so everyone demanding low fees for the sake of micro transactions should look for one of the 1000 other coins that offer nothing more than that. we have a business to run and sustain here.

only the first reason -flood prevention- is reasonable.
it is not a good idea to get development funds from transaction fees.
look at ripple. or NXT, they also keep on developing, but with low fees.
maybe 1BTS  fee is acceptable, but 20BTS fee will create big problem.   

NXT has 0 growth, Ripple is a centralized shitcoin, I don't see any connection to Bitshares there.

In order to get people in it was decided to get an affiliate system, and that's the best move in my opinion.

if you want small tx fees, upgrade to lifetime member, then you can have 4bts/tx.

please elaborate on the "big problem" you see

now 20BTS = 0.75CNY, if the price of BTS go up, it will be easy for it worth 1CNY, 2CNY.
alipay is free for transfer, many online transfers between banks in China are free, to pay 1CNY to do a transfer in a cryptocurrency system? this is a very bad feeling, however of cource, if you need to discourage new users to join or encourage the current users to leave, this is a good method.

there's many ways to get funded, to issue an asset, to provide customized service or even contact VC, relying on transaction fees bring the worst user experience.
and, to get development fund from fee pool  bring this worry: development team enjoy high fee rate, their interest is not consistent with that of the user/stakeholders, this may bring some kind of centralization and make the community split.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
give us a voting range of 0.1 to 20 BTS and we will initially start out at 20 but and when a new competitor finally enters our Public Smart Property space, the. we can lower the price to undercut the competition. Its business 101.  Launch your new tech product with high profit margins the. lower it over time to discourage competitio.  This will allow us to keep the monopoly longer and pay for more R&D with serious profits.

- flood prevention
- affiliate marketers

so everyone demanding low fees for the sake of micro transactions should look for one of the 1000 other coins that offer nothing more than that. we have a business to run and sustain here.

NXT has 0 growth, Ripple is a centralized shitcoin, I don't see any connection to Bitshares there.

In order to get people in it was decided to get an affiliate system, and that's the best move in my opinion.

if you want small tx fees, upgrade to lifetime member, then you can have 4bts/tx.

please elaborate on the "big problem" you see

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

- flood prevention
- affiliate marketers

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
Td ameritrade charges 2000 bts per trade... and that is just a basic buy or sell order.  Options and futures trades are higher.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
then what is the voting fees? the same 20bts?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

why not vote range from 0.0001 to 20 bts, in case price rise and drop.
Create a committee member and propose a better price! You can also create 1000 memmbers for prices between 0.00001 and 100 ..

People are so concernd about the initial values .. but you really dont nees to ..

+5% .. Everyone has to start embracing the fact that we are going to be able to vote in changes and the way things are now aren't the way they will be forever. :) ... but that said.. I think it will be great to see how the current pay schema works out and then we can consider ways to adjust it.

In the end though.. 1+1 has to = 2.. you want a sustainable ecosystem, it has to pay for itself... there will be room for adjusting the fees in some places so long as the difference can be made up elsewhere and to the same effect.

It is certainly going to take a serious analysis of the current numbers and how different parts of the network can be changed effectively. So a committee makes sense like xeroc said.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Create a committee member and propose a better price! You can also create 1000 memmbers for prices between 0.00001 and 100 ..

People are so concernd about the initial values .. but you really dont nees to ..

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Luckily we have an elected committee to set the appropriate fees.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Market Orders are 0.1 BTS
Canceling Orders is 0.1 BTS

i think  this is reasonable

It should be definitely a small % fee!
What will happen if our market cap increase substantially ? 0.1 BTS would be too much! And don't tell me we can vote about it, because nobody wants to vote every 3 months and it would make our user base uncertain about the new fee schedule every now and then... it should not change too often , and with dynamic % fees I think we can solve this.

PS its reasonable only right now with the current market-cap...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:36:45 pm by liondani »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

- flood prevention
- affiliate marketers

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
If you transfer to 20BTS, it is a failure.

Offline Moon

• View Profile
Market Orders are 0.1 BTS
Canceling Orders is 0.1 BTS

i think  this is reasonable

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
By the way now the fee of bitcoin is about 4 BTS.

that's what you pay if you're lifetime member in BTS 2.0

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
What about voting? Could tx to yourself be made cheaper?