Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 264107 times)

Offline bytemaster

I see you all have been doing a few small test transactions...  I would encourage everyone to really put it through its paces and help identify ways I can make it more intuitive and or where the result of your commands isn't what you had expected.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
My test BTS address: NtosiApspKxsLUk5fk6XF4hAapQ

just sent you 100.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline guang384

• View Profile
My test BTS address: NtosiApspKxsLUk5fk6XF4hAapQ
PTS-PjnA9FckbPWYddRnhpa23vUKMemnVtdwib
BTC-15Dak6X4T1h7EiswEkJvy5Zyx4hbZuFa22

Offline bytemaster

If someone would like to volunteer to distribute test BTS while I am off line let me know so I can give you a wad.

Actually, I also can initialize the BTS genius block in local and test within my PC. How can the test BTS been distributed if p2p feature not yet implemented ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The test works with a single client/server model where everyone shares the same server and blockchain there is just no direct P2P communication.  The purpose of this test is to validate the blockchain transaction and fancy P2P network code introduces other failure modes that I don't want to debug right now.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I just sent everyone who posted an address 100 bts.

Offline crazybit

162.243.45.158:4567

is above node available for test now?

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
My BTS address:P2aQJQavh9wJJjEfu5ynqciSHF8
BitShares-PTS:Pop8mPCmtzSLc1NXaJLSnE2gpvDvCZJgMd
Please give me a vote:wallet_approve_delegate sunshine.clerk 1

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
If someone would like to volunteer to distribute test BTS while I am off line let me know so I can give you a wad.

My BTS test address: HZALzeYWRUVeGAdqCbkxCYanfpL
Please give me some for testing, I could also help distribute when I could access internet, thanks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:36:42 pm by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I am in
BTS: GFoNYqtSBwpAojTon3Bj5wcQg5S

Offline crazybit

My BTS address : GyYUzN3scTidqGtSvQZyoyX7Grj

Offline crazybit

Actually, I also can initialize the BTS genius block in local and test within my PC. How can the test BTS been distributed if p2p feature not yet implemented ?

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

I am in,btw,has p2p connectivity been implemented ?

I have some P2P code implemented but it is not being used at this time.  Right now it is client/server.

Offline crazybit

I am in,btw,has p2p connectivity been implemented ?

Offline bytemaster

Today I decided to focus on the JSON-RPC API so that people could start building block explorers, web wallets, and other user interfaces that interact with my backend.  To that end there is now a relatively complete JSON-RPC interface for communicating with the wallet, though the documentation on how to use it is sparse.   Perhaps someone can update wiki.invictus.io with information on this RPC interface?   

I am pleased to announce an alpha test period available to anyone who can compile the code.   If you generate an address I will send you some test BTS to play around with.    At this point it is very likely that we will find many bugs so I may reset the chain every day while I get the bugs fixed and this is why I am not releasing binaries right now.

Margin calls, trx fees, and interest are still left to be implemented and the only BitAsset right now is USD. 

Let the testing begin :)