Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 264105 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Where does BitBTC stand in importance for inclusion as a bit asset compared to these currencies and gold?

It is going to be included because it will facilitate BTC to BTS X trades.
Great, that is what I was hoping to hear.

Offline bytemaster

Where does BitBTC stand in importance for inclusion as a bit asset compared to these currencies and gold?

It is going to be included because it will facilitate BTC to BTS X trades.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Personally, I don't know why gold is relevant. I have never looked to the price of gold to value anything,

That statement explains everything that is wrong with the fiat generation.

Hahah not really... Gold is as valueless as fiat

+5% Today you can trade only "Paper Gold" which is more or less same as BitGold
 :)

No, BitGold is backed by Bitshares, so it's more valuable than paper gold.

The paper gold system obviously allows them to distort the value of gold until there is a run on physical, which is why I love crypto, as each 'bit' is accounted for in a decentralised public ledger so it's harder to pull of that scam.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Personally, I don't know why gold is relevant. I have never looked to the price of gold to value anything,

At any point in the last thousand years, owning a ton gold would make you a wealthy man.

At any point in the last thousand years keeping the equivalent value in fiat would leave you flat broke in less than 50 years without exception.

Offline testz

+5% Today you can trade only "Paper Gold" which is more or less same as BitGold
 :)

clout

Offline testz

I am *strongly* in favor of only displaying BitUSD as well as prominent warnings that BitUSD is not USD and cannot be used as legal tender like USD can.

I would have to agree except i think it is important to include cny as well given the community in china.

Same for EUR and RUB.

I like BitUSD as USD is still the global reserve currency. I would put Gold up before I put any other currency.
CNY would prob be next. EUR & RUB less important. I like Russia but aren't they the country that's been the most hostile to crypto so far?

Oh and cool wallet, good start!

IMHO BitShares X more about assets, if we want to make them popular in China we should have BitCNY, in Russia we should have BitRUB, because in Russian, same as in China peoples don't use USD, and prefere to trade with local currencies.

Russia made same restrictions for Bitcoin as a China and from this point of view governments of China and Russia is equal but it's doesn't mean that Russia and China doesn't have crypto communities anymore.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

clout

I am *strongly* in favor of only displaying BitUSD as well as prominent warnings that BitUSD is not USD and cannot be used as legal tender like USD can.

I would have to agree except i think it is important to include cny as well given the community in china.

Same for EUR and RUB.

I like BitUSD as USD is still the global reserve currency. I would put Gold up before I put any other currency.
CNY would prob be next. EUR & RUB less important. I like Russia but aren't they the country that's been the most hostile to crypto so far?

Personally, I don't know why gold is relevant. I have never looked to the price of gold to value anything, especially not crypto currencies. The markets will work best when participants are most informed and the underlying asset isn't prone to its own instability. I obviously think that gold should be incorporated later, but as for the test chain the underlying assets should be those that ppl are most comfortable valuing. The ttest chain should also have as few assets as possible. One would suffice but it is very important to include the Chinese community

Offline Benkit

• View Profile
Hi,Bytemaster, where can I find the source code of Bitshare X? Pls give me the link, thanks.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Same for EUR and RUB.

Offline testz

Same for EUR and RUB.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

I agree, we live in a litigious overregulated society, I would assume all the customer facing content will be vetted by legal eagles (twice).
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

clout