Author Topic: Would a Trollbox be possible?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I really enjoy like a lot of people chatting in the trollbox of polinex. Without this social side a trading site can find it hard to maintain interest.

So is it possible in a decentralised system. And if the exchange really grew massive way beyond a Polinex how could it be managed. I can see some difficulties like lack of mods or the need to create multiple rooms for number of people. Maybe even a paid service?

I dont have any answers, just questions but I think its something to think about as the platform develops. Bottom line humans like to connect and communicate and without this exchanges can get a little dry.

Maybe it would be something that is managed by a third party or just individuals clubbing together... but I think having an official decentralised chat would be ideal.

Trollbox is absolutely necessary, and would not be hard to produce from a programmer perspective. It would take less than a day to create a trollbox.

On the other hand it would be better to do it right, and integrate it into the forums and into a new communications platform, than to just do a rush job. How could a Bitshares trollbox be different?

Maybe let people subscribe to anyone in the trollbox to get their feeds? Maybe let people charge a fee per subscription or use micropayments somehow?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
It's a good idea for someone to create such a feature, perhaps as a third party wallet or app of some kind. I she that many people would love it! I suspect it won't be put in the reference implementation. The points made in the above posts give some relevant reasons.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
It's not possible to have an official #bitshares IRC chat built into the wallet? It could be centrally hosted on irc.bitshares.org for example. No need for any third parties.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:29:15 pm by pioneer »

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
Do it! The webwallet is boring right now. People need an extra reason to stick around when there is no trading opportunities available.

As for 3rd party javascript - just copy it locally to the openledger server.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
True decentralised chat will cost you $0.4 per message due to the fees. However, a web wallet could offer such a centralised solution for free.
We had a discussion about adding tawk.to into the wallet .. but loading 3rd party javascript into your financing system is kind of dangerous ..

Offline monsterer

but I think having an official decentralised chat would be ideal.

True decentralised chat will cost you $0.4 per message due to the fees. However, a web wallet could offer such a centralised solution for free.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline jimmykorea

• View Profile
I really enjoy like a lot of people chatting in the trollbox of polinex. Without this social side a trading site can find it hard to maintain interest.

So is it possible in a decentralised system. And if the exchange really grew massive way beyond a Polinex how could it be managed. I can see some difficulties like lack of mods or the need to create multiple rooms for number of people. Maybe even a paid service?

I dont have any answers, just questions but I think its something to think about as the platform develops. Bottom line humans like to connect and communicate and without this exchanges can get a little dry.

Maybe it would be something that is managed by a third party or just individuals clubbing together... but I think having an official decentralised chat would be ideal.