Author Topic: Is there a guide to getting the PTS into the wallet?  (Read 3054 times)

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
BTER doesn't has a good reputation among Chinese users. BTC38 is far more better but it's a little difficult for foreign users to register since the accounts are linked with the Tencent accounts and it only provides PTS/CNY trading.

I basically had a Chinese person tell me the other day that crypto traders in CN hate BTer. I don't know much about it, but my main concern w/ it is that BJ would stomp it out due to regulatory matters. Plus, being a Chinese site, I would think it would have an increased likelihood of being hacked. Seems like a lot of hackers live in CN and Slavic places.

BJ should not be a concern because the bank of China and other four related departments have already officially said they won’t ban cryptocurrencies. As for hackers,it’s a problem worldwide.

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
BTER doesn't has a good reputation among Chinese users. BTC38 is far more better but it's a little difficult for foreign users to register since the accounts are linked with the Tencent accounts and it only provides PTS/CNY trading.

I basically had a Chinese person tell me the other day that crypto traders in CN hate BTer. I don't know much about it, but my main concern w/ it is that BJ would stomp it out due to regulatory matters. Plus, being a Chinese site, I would think it would have an increased likelihood of being hacked. Seems like a lot of hackers live in CN and Slavic places.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
Ha, I saw the number increase a bit finally.  :)

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
If trust is an issue, than you could sign up for an account at bter.com
They will give you BTS when you have PTS in your account.

1. Sign up at Bter.com
2. Go to my funds select deposit at PTS
3. Copy the adress
4. Go to cryptsy , select withdraw at PTS
5. Fill out the form
6. Verify by clicking the link in your email.
7. Wait and the PTS show up in your bter account

Ha, a tad late for me I suppose, since I just now noticed this post and have already instructed Cryptsy to withdraw the PTS. I already have a BTer acct. but have never used it. Synchronizing process still not showing any progression, and of course PTS not showing up in wallet yet.

Offline graffenwalder

Go to help and open the debug, you can see how much blocks are downloaded in real time, the synching time depends on your computer/internet. Last time it took me approx 4 hours

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
Thanks. I found a way to open it and instructed Cryptsy to withdraw to the wallet. The "Synchronizing with network" bar doesn't seem to be moving, but I'll see what happens.

Offline graffenwalder

If trust is an issue, than you could sign up for an account at bter.com
They will give you BTS when you have PTS in your account.

1. Sign up at Bter.com
2. Go to my funds select deposit at PTS
3. Copy the adress
4. Go to cryptsy , select withdraw at PTS
5. Fill out the form
6. Verify by clicking the link in your email.
7. Wait and the PTS show up in your bter account

Offline graffenwalder

That's either you're firewall/virus scanner or browser blocking it, does it show an option to go ahead/ignore?

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
Sounds good, but when I try to open the application, I get: "“BitShares-PTS” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."

Offline graffenwalder

Go here https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares-PTS/releases and download and install the bitsharespts1.0 for macosx

After the install the wallet starts up, go to the recieve tab, and there it shows your address. Copy this address. Then go to your exchange and select the withdrawal option for PTS. Paste your address and fill out the rest.

Below In The wallet there is a bar, which indicates how much of the blockchain you've downloaded. You're transaction will only show up when you're fully synced to the moment you've send.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:03:33 pm by Graffenwalder »

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
Hi, I just recently got started w/ Bitcoin and have never had a wallet. I have some PTS on cryptsy and read that I should take it out by the 28th? What should I do? Which wallet should I use? I'm OS X user. Thanks!