Author Topic: BitShares 2 Release Coordination Thread  (Read 48050 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
delegate-clayop is updated.

ps. can we vote for "spartako"? He's very passionate and skillful in running witness node.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@bytemaster and team,

Edit:

bts2 github releases a new tag.  I sent out an alert to both telegram and slack groups. Any witnesses and devs can send out similar alerts in future.
But isn't it a pre-release, not a release?

//Edit: in.abit updated.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:16:02 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
@bytemaster and team,

There is a coming hard fork in the latest bts2 github commit.  Should we make a formal announcement to inform of the witnesses of the need to update their nodes?

Edit:

bts2 github releases a new tag.  I sent out an alert to both telegram and slack groups. Any witnesses and devs can send out similar alerts in future.

Edit:

bitcube node and seed updated at the time of this post.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:47:34 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bytemaster

The reason witnesses have the finger on that parameter is because it may need to be dynamic (depending upon market conditions).

Technically committee members can also publish feeds, but because committee members are not PAID they do not have income (nor skills) necessary to setup a VPS system to publish feeds. 

Witnesses are also "witnessing" the price, and "testifying" as to the feed.   

We wanted to have "voting" on this parameter and using the median of the feeds is a way of voting.     No single witness can manipulate this parameter.

Also we wanted it be easy to change quickly, and committee actions normally take a 2 week review period.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Today I was voted back in as a witness(thank you!)  so you can see the new updated info. All the witnesses appear to be on the same page as well now.

@DSN: Glad to see you back in.

I noticed everybody but me and one other witness has set their short squeeze ratio parameters to 1100 (maximum). I decided to go midway.

Frankly I don't believe witnesses should have their finger on such important parameter that influence the markets.

That is where we are right now however. Our governance is far from being tweeked and stable. It's gonna take some time. I hope people realize the importance of our DPoS structure and the need to transition away from CNX dominance. That's what BM wants, that's also what I think is best.
Of course we shouldn't decide. However in the absence of the committee leadership to submit a proposal for the community to vote into effect.. it was great to see the witnesses taking ownership of an emergency situation that threatened our network and did their best to coordinate a solution.

We weren't just a bunch of miners who only cared about generating blocks... I think it was a fantastic showing of the D in DPOS showing it's awesome power to effectively protection the network even when one of its branches was not operating.

he's right, great job guys  +5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Today I was voted back in as a witness(thank you!)  so you can see the new updated info. All the witnesses appear to be on the same page as well now.

I noticed everybody but me and one other witness has set their short squeeze ratio parameters to 1100 (maximum). I decided to go midway.

Frankly I don't believe witnesses should have their finger on such important parameter that influence the markets.

That is where we are right now however. Our governance is far from being tweeked and stable. It's gonna take some time. I hope people realize the importance of our DPoS structure and the need to transition away from CNX dominance. That's what BM wants, that's also what I think is best.
Of course we shouldn't decide. However in the absence of the committee leadership to submit a proposal for the community to vote into effect.. it was great to see the witnesses taking ownership of an emergency situation that threatened our network and did their best to coordinate a solution.

We weren't just a bunch of miners who only cared about generating blocks... I think it was a fantastic showing of the D in DPOS showing it's awesome power to effectively protection the network even when one of its branches was not operating.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Please vote again for spartako and iHashFury, we recovered from the fork in less then an hour.
ihashFury has created the telegram chat that was reveled very useful for witness coordination and I wrote the bot for witnesses and I'm porting it to slack
Thanks!

spartako's witness alert bot is the reason why active witnesses who subscribe to it can sleep with a peace of mind, know that their witness nodes are safely running and securing the bts2 network.  iHashFury has been making active contributions in his own right.  Please do consider voting these two helpful witnesses.  Your support will become their motivation.

+5% +5% +5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Please vote again for spartako and iHashFury, we recovered from the fork in less then an hour.
ihashFury has created the telegram chat that was reveled very useful for witness coordination and I wrote the bot for witnesses and I'm porting it to slack
Thanks!

spartako's witness alert bot is the reason why active witnesses who subscribe to it can sleep with a peace of mind, know that their witness nodes are safely running and securing the bts2 network.  iHashFury has been making active contributions in his own right.  Please do consider voting these two helpful witnesses.  Your support will become their motivation.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Thanks!
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

wackou, bue, harvey-xts, delegate.ihashfury, datasecuritynode, bts-bitshares-argentina, fox

Please update to 110% if you like your witness positions....it is way too many hours now.

especially @wackou, and @bue

Update: If you have done it but have not been in the active list since, please post here.

My node was among the first to get updated, however I was voted out so all that was being reported was residual data and my updated feed had no impact once I was no longer an active witness.

Since this posting the witnesses have coordinated with each other to ensure a consistent input of feed data  using slots that each of us have committed too.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

iHashFury

wackou, bue, harvey-xts, delegate.ihashfury, datasecuritynode, bts-bitshares-argentina, fox

Please update to 110% if you like your witness positions....it is way too many hours now.

especially @wackou, and @bue

Update: If you have done it but have not been in the active list since, please post here.

My seeds, feed and witness nodes are still up and running.

Offline wackou

I will temporarily stop publishing feeds then and will fix them in the coming days.

I have resumed publishing feeds with proper params yesterday night
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline Fox

All fox nodes are updated, online, synced and ready to serve.  Once voted back into the active witness list, I will update my price feeds.  I am connected with the other witnesses thru Telegram and Slack. 
Witness: fox