Author Topic: What to expect after importing keys into new Graphene 2.0 GUI  (Read 4027 times)

chryspano

I tried to import my keys using openledger and Firefox in Xubuntu, it was a slow process but finally I managed to see my account and all his funds from 0.9.3c in 2.0. I created a new backup (3mb!) and I closed the wallet.

Problem is that after I closed Firefox and opened my wallet again, my migrated account from 0.9.3c is empty, the name is there but it holds no funds and there are no entries in "Recent Activity". If it helps, this account had something more than 30.000 keys.

Now, every time I enter "Wallet Managment Console" one cpu core is used to 100% for 20-30 minutes and after a lot of time I can see that there is no  balance claims left.

I find it really strange that the funds no longer show up and that there is always an "automatic balance claim rescan" everytime I enter Wallet Managment Console.

Any help at what might be wrong?

[EDIT]
I tried to check the imported account from my windows openledger wallet and it shows that the account has no funds, no Recent Activity.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:23:19 pm by chryspano »

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
    • Can i import keys into the light wallet - only options i get are Restore Backup and New Wallet.

Yes

• if restoring balance to openledger web wallet, do i initially create a separate account(different to any of my 1.0 account names) or use the "existing account" then enter a password for my new wallet; then proceed with importing the keys?

You can do either. You can create a new account and import balances from old accounts to the new one or just import all old accounts to any account you own or to the current accounts. You can actually select which accounts you want to (or dont want to) merge (or not).

• if i import my keys and do not claim all my balances will they be available next time i load the wallet from cache or from backup

Yes. I left balances unclaimed after closing wallet and you can go back and claim at any time. You claim your vested balance (daily if you like) in the same way.

• is the Backup Wallet feature sufficient to protect my wallet from that point on or should i backup the brain key as well?

I did both.

[/list]

Thanks Tuck your the Theman!,

I updated my light wallet to the latest version and am using that. my issue was then using 'existing account' i would enter the password and the title would change from 'enter password' or something similar to set-up account and i would be stuck there, with the updated version this issue seems to have gone away.

just in case anyone else has an issue with the wallet not loading when you start the light client and presenting a 'Application initialization issues' page; i thought i would post my work around.
    when i start the light wallet it goes to a 'Application initialization issues' page suggesting the Websocket is not connected 1-2 second later the status updates to connected but my wallet does not load. I then proceed to the settings page, click wallet, click restore backup, choose my wallet backup file and supply my password, click verify then click restore, then click done, my wallet still does not load until i click View(dropdown menu) then reload.
    after the page reset i have access to my wallet and unclaimed funds.
    not sure if this is something wrong with my setup as i havent had a chance to test it out on any other machines.

the new interface is very slick and i can't wait to test out delegated permissions when i have another pc to play with

Tuck Fheman

No, you're not alone.

I'm not importing anything until I'm certain there are no issues and there is some level of privacy in place.

Currently that is not the case afaict.

any advice to those of us who have already imported keys into the openledger wallet?

You can claim balances to any account you own to give a little privacy.

Tuck Fheman

• Can i import keys into the light wallet - only options i get are Restore Backup and New Wallet.

Yes

• if restoring balance to openledger web wallet, do i initially create a separate account(different to any of my 1.0 account names) or use the "existing account" then enter a password for my new wallet; then proceed with importing the keys?

You can do either. You can create a new account and import balances from old accounts to the new one or just import all old accounts to any account you own or to the current accounts. You can actually select which accounts you want to (or dont want to) merge (or not).

• if i import my keys and do not claim all my balances will they be available next time i load the wallet from cache or from backup

Yes. I left balances unclaimed after closing wallet and you can go back and claim at any time. You claim your vested balance (daily if you like) in the same way.

• is the Backup Wallet feature sufficient to protect my wallet from that point on or should i backup the brain key as well?

I did both.

[/list]

Offline Pheonike

Yea, Firefox seems to work best or at least faster on windows for importing.

Offline betax

• View Profile
      I have migrated my account fully using the UI, Chrome with about 40 tabs open... :)., so it should not be a major issue on a slow PC. One trick is to import first the accounts, then afterwards bit by bit claim the balances, this way it won't be such a big slow transaction.

Remember to backup your wallet afterwards.
      https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
        • View Profile
      • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
      UPDATE: I just successfully imported my keys to the openledger wallet using Firefox. Safari was giving me the previous issues.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
      No, you're not alone.

I'm not importing anything until I'm certain there are no issues and there is some level of privacy in place.

any advice to those of us who have already imported keys into the openledger wallet?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
      so it looks like the consensus here is to scrap the openledger GUI wallet? i left my browser open overnight to see if something would catch up and i'd see my BTS and asset balances...nothing. quite worrisome. i've already imported my keys--there were <300 of them, so shouldn't be anything close to an issue there--and i can see my open collateral positions, so i know the keys imported, but still no balances in my wallet. does anyone else have any other advice before i try to install a full node? hopefully there are no issues with that, given that i've already imported my wallet keys to openledger.

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
      I am also nervous,

I have my keys exported correctly from .0.9.3c and even got to the stage of importing the keys and seeing balances attached although cancelled the process. my concerns are:

my main concerns comes from the comment I read that claiming balance will create a transaction which will send the selected fund from the private keys holding them to the key of the destination account selected, which make me feel this is a one time only deal, better to be cautious and do it right than wing it and be sorry.

I'm sure it would be fine but i am to much of a chicken and would prefer to hold off and see how others a proceeding; but i want to get in there an play around. i have also gone through the migration steps many times today although my main problem comes from what i would believe step #1 should be  (creating/restoring existing account) (guide seems to start from a logged in account at the wallet screen) - i think i should be using existing account but again i want to be sure.

I think a you tube video from a senior member would help convey the process well and ease concerns

appreciate any insight
      Cheers
      GC

Offline svk

I imported my wallet...got an indication that there were 31k keys to import (but no unclaimed balances???).  Now, I'm watching this spinner...

Forget using the wallet.. you will have to follow this instead: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/wiki/Import%20BitShares-0.9.3c%20wallets%20into%20BitShares%202.0%20CLI%20wallet

I am speaking from several hours of experience... even if you manage to somehow get it to finish your browser will continue to die afterwards... I also got a hint aroma of the smell of my burning CPU. :)

Save yourself the trouble and just setup a full node and follow the instructions in the link above.

Hope this helps.
      I successfully imported a wallet with 95k keys so no reason to give up with less than that. Does depend on your computer though I guess, but like I said before I'm sure James will figure out a way to speed up the number crunching.
      Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Ok...thanks for the advice.  However...those instructions leave a significant gap at the start (especially for Windows clients).  How do I setup a full node to begin with?

All those details are available here: http://docs.bitshares.eu/apps/index.html
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yeti

• View Profile
      Ok...thanks for the advice.  However...those instructions leave a significant gap at the start (especially for Windows clients).  How do I setup a full node to begin with?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I imported my wallet...got an indication that there were 31k keys to import (but no unclaimed balances???).  Now, I'm watching this spinner...

Forget using the wallet.. you will have to follow this instead: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/wiki/Import%20BitShares-0.9.3c%20wallets%20into%20BitShares%202.0%20CLI%20wallet

I am speaking from several hours of experience... even if you manage to somehow get it to finish your browser will continue to die afterwards... I also got a hint aroma of the smell of my burning CPU. :)

Save yourself the trouble and just setup a full node and follow the instructions in the link above.

Hope this helps.
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yeti

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

No, you're not alone.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
      i'm sure i'm not the only one slightly nervous and confused with this migration, so i'll post this:

after importing my keys by following instructions from a couple other excellent threads, i'm not seeing any balances show up in my wallet. i'm guessing this is because it's syncing, but can anyone else confirm this? i don't see any progress indicator.

i have a bunch of collateral-holder notifications on my dashboard, but no funds in my account to do anything about them.