Author Topic: cheap register&high trans fee ***.com is taken  (Read 10913 times)

Offline brads

• View Profile
Yea looks like we have another retard spamming the blockchain, probably same guy as last time.

I'm surprised the account registration fee is so low tbh, it's probably the cheapest transaction we have. It makes sense in a way because faucet's won't require enormous amounts of funds to register users, but it does leave the door open for idiot spammers like this kdj.

@svk, it's highly unprofessional to call them "retards" and "idiots". They do it because they seek a business opportunity and only time will tell  if that makes sense.

If someone is an idiot it's us that we let it happen by setting the fess so low.

I think BM's startegy assuming that
names that contain a number, are longer than 8 characters, or contain no vowels are essentially free
is fundamentally flawed.

I disagree, the guy's an idiot, in the same way patent trolls are idiots. Even worse because the chances of someone ever paying him anything for these accounts are so remote that he's probably better off playing the lottery..

So you should design a coin for Disney World.

Offline brads

• View Profile
How long was beta test. I'm suprised such a ridiculous flaw appears right now. Do you really want to compete with ETH ? You should ask for a security audit if you want serious investors to put money in.

Offline svk

Yea looks like we have another retard spamming the blockchain, probably same guy as last time.

I'm surprised the account registration fee is so low tbh, it's probably the cheapest transaction we have. It makes sense in a way because faucet's won't require enormous amounts of funds to register users, but it does leave the door open for idiot spammers like this kdj.

@svk, it's highly unprofessional to call them "retards" and "idiots". They do it because they seek a business opportunity and only time will tell  if that makes sense.

If someone is an idiot it's us that we let it happen by setting the fess so low.

names that contain a number, are longer than 8 characters, or contain no vowels are essentially free
is fundamentally flawed.

I disagree, the guy's an idiot, in the same way patent trolls are idiots. Even worse because the chances of someone ever paying him anything for these accounts are so remote that he's probably better off playing the lottery..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
If it was a mistake. they probably forgot the domain part. maybe they just thought that a "facebook" account would be valuable while a "facebook.com" wouldn't.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

is fundamentally flawed.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Yeah... clearly a 20 something BTS for account registration would have been nice.. Could we vote for it easily ?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline brads

• View Profile
Even if just names and not real domains they could be used later for scam.

I'm very disappointed such thing can happen. This looks to be very amateurish for something aimed to become a major financial protocol.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:25:19 am by brads »

jakub

Also, if I recall it correctly BM once mentioned that having thousands of fake account names would put a lot of burden on hosted wallet providers in terms of RAM usage.
And that's what's happening right now - someone is buying thousands of names paying almost nothing for them while CNX is asleep.

Is @fav right to ignore this issue?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:03:36 am by jakub »

jakub

I'm not sure if things go as intended with this massive name registration action going on right now.

It's been decided that "Names that contain a number, are longer than 8 characters, or contain no vowels are essentially free"
https://bitshares.org/technology/transferable-named-accounts/

This means all major domain names like "facebook.com" cost just BTS 0.15 because they don't qualify as premium.
Is this what was intended?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile