Author Topic: Online wallet blank page & lack of Linux client  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Southolland

• View Profile
I'm having the exact same problem with both web wallets(including the one linked from openledger), its just a blank page.

I've downloaded the wallet for mac but the amount of time necessary for  the blockchain to sync is appalling.  I've tried multiple times over the past few days to get that work to no avail.

This is extremely frustrating.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
You are right, this is irresponsible. I'll forward it to the right people to get it fixed ASAP. Sorry about the inconvience.

Use the other wallet for the time being please.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
But that one is linked on the first page of bitshares.org ?!  I mean how irresponsible is that? Somebody fix that thing? Having trouble to find exact words emphasizing the importance of this, it's like I don't believe it's happening.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
You seem to be using https://bitshares.org/wallet/ which is currently down

Use the openledger wallet instead:
https://bitshares.openledger.info
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
WebSocket connection to 'wss://bitshares.org:8090/' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.
app.js:2 !!! WebSocket Error  wss://bitshares.org:8090

I guess this is where the problem is, and it's happening on two machines of mine, same problem.
I used 0.9.3c, and I see it can't synhronize anymore but I understand it's regular because of network 2.0 upgrade. Now I'm not using anything as I explained in first post.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
What does your console in chromium say? What wallet are you using?

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Few hours after the launch, I can't make online 2.0 wallet because page is blank both in Firefox and Chromium. I also can't install Linux client because there are no binaries and I won't fuck with compilation. I need binary, I need apt package, whathever. Can't you care a little bit more for advanced users which commonly use the only good operating system that is Linux?

I must say, when you look from aside Bitshares is magnificent, it's when you start to dig deeper, you only see bugs and problems. That's what will not launch Bitshares where it belongs.