Author Topic: Compilng UI -- 2.0.160127  (Read 1782 times)

Offline complexring

• View Profile
Thanks for the detailed breakdown, I'll go over the dependencies and instructions again to see if I can make it easier to get started.

You only really need the web and dl folders, the rest are unused by the GUI itself and probably very out of date like you discovered.

No problem.  Good to know that only web and dl folders are needed.

Glad to be of assistance.

Offline svk

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, I'll go over the dependencies and instructions again to see if I can make it easier to get started.

You only really need the web and dl folders, the rest are unused by the GUI itself and probably very out of date like you discovered.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline complexring

• View Profile
OK.

After trying to read through the npm error messages, I attempted to install the 'peer dependencies' necessary.

I kept getting errors until I realized I needed 'node' in my path and could not just do an absolute call to npm and expect that version of npm to use the node installed in that folder.

Once I added the node binary to the PATH environment variable, I began to install the various dependencies, I reran 'npm install' again in the web folder.

This was all to no avail ... so I went back to the documentation again and installed nvm and am using the latest node (v5) and npm.

Anyway, after re-downloading a fresh copy of the ui github repo and then switching to the branch 2.0.160127, I begin the procedures again, after removing the previous node / npm from my path and using the ones that are now being managed by nvm.

All well and good, except for when I tried to run 'npm install' in the cli folder.

I get an error that there was an unmet dependency with the coffee-loader needing coffee-script@1.x. 

So, I go ahead and manually install coffee-script@1.x into the corresponding folder using

npm install coffee-script@1.x

Thinking that this would work and now I can install the cli folder properly, I try

npm install

but this fails.  So, out of nothing more than sheer trial and error, I go ahead and decide to install coffee-loader manually, thinking that maybe

npm install

does something where it re-writes any other manually installed package (still unsure what is actually done with npm and the packages installed in node_modules, especially since coffee-loader is a dependency in the package.json file).

Anyway, after doing

npm install coffee-script@1.x ; npm install coffee-loader ; npm install

I do not get any peer dependency errors for the cli folder.

The 'dl', 'ios', and 'web' folders both work just fine with 'npm install'.

Then, the 'npm start' worked fine in the web folder. 

Not sure what was going on in the cli folder like that ...

Sorry for the ramblings on what I did -- what failed to work -- and what eventually succeeded.

New design looks great, btw!

Also glad to be running the latest locally.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:27:47 am by complexring »

Offline complexring

• View Profile
Hello,

I have recently decided to update my local version of the UI.  I am running into some errors when performing 'npm install' in the web folder.

The following, I believe, is the relevant error in the debug file:

-------------

36862 error Darwin 15.0.0
36863 error argv "/usr/local/node/0.12.2/bin/node" "/usr/local/node/0.12.2/bin/npm" "-g" "install"
36864 error node v0.12.2
36865 error npm  v2.7.4
36866 error code EPEERINVALID
36867 error peerinvalid The package react does not satisfy its siblings' peerDependencies requirements!
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-foundation-apps@0.7.0 wants react@>=0.14.x
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-highcharts@2.1.0 wants react@*
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-interpolate-component@0.7.1 wants react@>=0.12.1 && <0.14.*
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-json-inspector@5.0.3 wants react@^0.13.0
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-motion@0.3.1 wants react@>=0.13.2 || ^0.14
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-router@0.13.3 wants react@0.13.x
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-tooltip@0.6.4 wants react@>=0.13.1
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-translate-component@0.9.0 wants react@>=0.12.1 && <0.14.*
36867 error peerinvalid Peer react-dom@0.14.7 wants react@^0.14.7

-----

Note that I have node v0.12.2 installed from source in a non-default location.

In fact, for each of the 4 folders, I think there are 3 of them that prefer to have v0.12.2 and one that prefers to have v0.10.x.  Since that was the case, I installed each of the recommended versions separately in their respective folders.

What's strange is that if you download the version of node that is recommended, then it doesn't have the same corresponding version of npm that is recommended -- that is to say if you download the recommended node version off of the nodejs main site, the corresponding npm executable's version that is recommended from the install scripts does not match the version of the one installed with the matched version of node.

The previous two paragraphs (and this one) are more of an aside, and only loosely related to the error (although maybe they are more intimately related to the error than I am aware).

Thanks in advance!