Author Topic: What's the best thing to do with expired short positions heading into 2.0?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Your short position will be rolled into 2.0 and then you can withdraw any surplus collateral if you like.

No need to do anything in advance.

hey @bytemaster, how do we go about withdrawing collateral? i have a bunch of "assetX-collateral-holder" positions. do i still have to buy the corresponding assets to unwind the open shorts like in 1.0?

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the answer!
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Your short position will be rolled into 2.0 and then you can withdraw any surplus collateral if you like.

perfecto, thanks so much for the clarification. that's also kind of interesting bc it'd make me think that anyone paying a premium over peg right now for bitUSD is purely betting on a BTS short, and that these are net new shorts, not simply extending the life of open orders.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Now that we're so close to 2.0, what's the best way to handle expired short positions? I have expired bitUSD, bitSILVER, and bitGOLD. The bitUSD i can cover by buying long in the market, but i'd end up paying well above the peg price. bitSILVER and bitGOLD don't even have those options, given that both those markets are essentially dead.

Who can give a definitive answer to the question: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO EXPIRED SHORTS IN THE MIGRATION TO 2.0?

will escrow funds simply be released and transactions reversed? if so, it seems like the best strategy is to stop trading, wait until release, and received the full value of funds currently locked up.

Opinions?