Author Topic: Why there is no Market History in new wallets?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
What do we need to do to get this moving ASAP?  You can't have a trading platform without market history.  And there are several other usability issues with the trading platform including charts, order books, etc.  A few of us spent considerable time putting together detailed feedback on these items.  I believe svk is currently working on this stuff but there is no indication that the market history API issue he is facing has been resolved.  These items are required for minimum level of usability. 

@svk: has there been any movement on the market history API calls?  What about the other items discussed in the thread linked below?  By any chance do you have an ETA at least for the items not relying on the missing API call?  Thanks in advance.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19194.msg247239.html#msg247239

BUMP
I don't have anything new to report other than the changes that I've already implemented. I'll keep working on the frontend stuff but can't do anything aboutnthe backend.

In order to help get the market history I guess you need to pm  bytemaster or theoretical and ask them to finally get it done. It shouldn't take them very long but for some reason it seems to be low priority..

You sound frustrated.  And I can see why.  It is baffling that the market history would be considered low priority for a TRADING PLATFORM.  In any event, obviously there's nothing you can do about that.  And I certainly appreciate your efforts.  Having said that, there are still some other things that are not helping make the trading interface usable. 

The most basic need is for a way to view all available trading pairs, and to manage which ones are favorite.  Then give the user a way to switch between them without leaving the trading dashboard.  This feature is one of the best things about the Poloniex GUI.  All you need to do is list the user's favorite markets somewhere on the trading dashboard (upper right hand column makes sense to me).  Even if you don't yet have the API you need to display some basic market data along with each pair, at least listing the favorite pairs themselves on the trading dashboard will be a BIG improvement. 

Also, there are some issues with the chart.  The price bars are not displaying proper width (although volume bars are fine).  The crosshair isn't working properly - it needs to move more freely in the vertical direction (horizontal movement is fine) and the horizontal line itself is not visible in TRADE.BTC:BTS for some reason (although it is visible in BTS:TRADE.BTC).  And finally, the zoom slider at the bottom of the chart doesn't work at all.   

I sincerely hope we can get some of these issues ironed out ASAP so that there's a sense we're making progress, and so that once the market history API is finally available, this will quickly shape into a very usable trading interface.  Thanks again for your efforts.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
What do we need to do to get this moving ASAP?  You can't have a trading platform without market history.  And there are several other usability issues with the trading platform including charts, order books, etc.  A few of us spent considerable time putting together detailed feedback on these items.  I believe svk is currently working on this stuff but there is no indication that the market history API issue he is facing has been resolved.  These items are required for minimum level of usability. 

@svk: has there been any movement on the market history API calls?  What about the other items discussed in the thread linked below?  By any chance do you have an ETA at least for the items not relying on the missing API call?  Thanks in advance.

BUMP
I don't have anything new to report other than the changes that I've already implemented. I'll keep working on the frontend stuff but can't do anything aboutnthe backend.

In order to help get the market history I guess you need to pm  bytemaster or theoretical and ask them to finally get it done. It shouldn't take them very long but for some reason it seems to be low priority..

Market history is really needed. Thanks for your hard work svk!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline svk

BUMP

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
And the price can not be seen, it is hiden in the market UI.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
and i can not check orders in the order book. I must go to the detail market to find it.

Offline tbone

• View Profile

BUMP

Offline tbone

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline noisy

Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline noisy

I have already made one transaction, and I remember, that it appears in the market history.. right now it is empty. Why is that?

This is strange. People are going to think, that this exchange is not used... and they will be afraid to even try it.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv