Author Topic: Bitshares OS X Wallet not able to connect  (Read 5006 times)

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Looks like an upgrade of the light wallet added some UI but it's still unresponsive for me.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19505.0.html

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
- Hit the Gear in the upper right corner
- Choose Wallets on the right side
- Click Import Keys
- Click Choose File

Let me know if I'm missing a step. It may be different since I'm already logged in. I think you can just enter a password you are familiar with at the prompt you are referring to. It has nothing to do with the password you encrypted your 0.9.3c keys with.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:29:50 pm by wmbutler »
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Where do I import my accounts and funds on the light client?

I go to Create Account/Existing accounts/Import from Bitshares 0.9.3C

I'm then taken to a Create wallet area where I am only asked to enter a password.

???

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
I started from scratch on the OSX lite client by moving the Application Support files to the trash and then re-importing the correct wallet backup.

DO NOT follow these instructions unless you are importing from the old 0.9.3c backup.

Quit the Bitshares2 lite client
From the command line: mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Bitshares2-light. ~/.Trash/
Run the BitShares2 lite client
Re-import the 0.9.3c wallet

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
OK, starting to get to the bottom of this now. I had 2 wallet backups from 0.9.3. One was incomplete and was missing my short transactions. The other was complete. So, since I've already imported the incomplete one, it won't let me add the complete version. I assume there is a process to add the missing keys manually? A pointer or some guidance on how to do this would help. Thanks.

I scanned through the two files and there are about 20 more in one of the files than the other.

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
Well, I imported my keys to the Lite Wallet and it looks like my balances are in tact, HOWEVER, in the full wallet, I had a bunch of short positions and they are all gone now. Any thoughts?

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
I think I need some clarification on the OS X full client. I downloaded it when I saw a post from bytemaster indicating that it was ready. Did the full OS X client run a local witness as well? Was the witness part of the test net or was it the live net. I did this on 10/13. I guess what I'm asking is: Is it possible that I claimed all my balances on the testnet and now I just need to perform the whole restore from 0.9.3 on the os x light wallet now?

It's been 12 days since I originally posted this and I'm getting a little concerned.

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
So, I'm still stuck in limbo. I backed up my brainkey and I backup up my wallet (but I'm not sure where the full OSX client stored the wallet backup) and now I'd like to move that over to the OS X light wallet, but I really don't know how to go about doing it. I could really use some guidance here.

I do not believe that I have a firewall blocking anything. I don't use the OS X firewall (it's disabled) and I just have a basic Apple Airport doing NAT for my Internet connection. I really hope someone can take the time to let me know how to proceed.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
wmbutler,
I think there is some firewall that is blocking your web socket connections, not sure we can do anything about this.
286 refers to the graphene toolkit release, 288 is GUI version (we use day of the year as patch version )

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
Or, how about instructions to move to the lite wallet if it's more reliable, or to a web wallet. It's been a week. Fortunately, I have a pretty good level of trust in this board, but it's pretty discouraging to get this great new toy, transfer all my balances to it and then be unable to login. I backed up my brain wallet, etc.So any help would be most appreciated.

And that previous post about the latest download was strange. You referenced version 288 but the link showed 286.

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Please upgrade to version 2.15.288 (find it here https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases/tag/v2.15.286) and use this connection string wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws

Yes, I have done this and the behavior remains the same.  I am unable to connect or see any relevant progress.
try this:
ws://45.115.36.171:8090

Same behavior.  Additionally, the retry button has no on/off state or indication of it's use when clicked.

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile
Please upgrade to version 2.15.288 (find it here https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases/tag/v2.15.286) and use this connection string wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws

Yes, I have done this and the behavior remains the same.  I am unable to connect or see any relevant progress.
try this:
ws://45.115.36.171:8090

Offline URSAY

• View Profile

Offline valzav

• View Profile