Author Topic: Cryptofresh & BitShares Road Trip Video Release  (Read 11961 times)

Offline fuzzy

He meant  "the *scapes were hardly working, even back then..."

"Visionary!!!" one might exclaim, on that imaginary island.

Pretty sure you are the furthest away from being able to say what I mean tony.  Please tell people what you think (speculate) or zip your mouth.  Your inability to connect with people or empathize firmly takes you out of the running of "people who know what I mean". 

Your distillation of my words seems to produce something more akin to fecal matter.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:52:53 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
He meant  "the *scapes were hardly working, even back then..."

"Visionary!!!" one might exclaim, on that imaginary island.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

Wow.  Just wow.  Enjoyed every second....stunning.

Bitscape and Roadscape worked so hard on this.  I am so very proud to see how their work turned out.  Not one bit of it I didn't love.  Someday we will watch this documentary from the beaches of bitshares island...and will smile nostalgically :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Wow.  Just wow.  Enjoyed every second....stunning.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
this video made me realize - where is robrigo?

He is in detroit, well inside the constitution free zone.

Guh.. don't remind me... that part will have to be in the special directors cut, secret decoder ring, limited edition release...  8)

Hey Brandon - speaking of directors cut what ever happened to that footage with the cow? Are you saving it for a special occasion? Because if not, you should throw it up on youtube!

Hahaha.. I have it. ;)  It needs to go somewhere goofy, like a bloopers reel, I'll see what I can do.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
What's with the beards?! Is there some kind of psychological connect that draws the beard crowd to bitshares? :)

I actually just shaved mine off :).

The universe is still in balance then, my beard is starting to fill out.. ;)

Offline Riverhead

What's with the beards?! Is there some kind of psychological connect that draws the beard crowd to bitshares? :)

I actually just shaved mine off :).

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
The video is excellent guys, thanks. And what it reveals... it moved me.

Glad to see that the human and intellectual warmth on this project is the same that I see on plain text since its beginning (that it was not just my projection), and how it has expanded.

Have to say that I'm admired by the patience and good will with which every storm was surpassed.

Given this rare integrity that makes possible to turn difficulties into knowledge, and the way those leanings are being consolidated, I'm sure that only good things are coming.

Cheers

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

oh, sorry fuzzy not in the video but in the bitshares community. Didn't saw him for a while.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

Guh.. don't remind me... that part will have to be in the special directors cut, secret decoder ring, limited edition release...  8)

Hey Brandon - speaking of directors cut what ever happened to that footage with the cow? Are you saving it for a special occasion? Because if not, you should throw it up on youtube!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
When I watched this movie the first time, I was sitting in a Hotel room with view to Shanghai's skyline together with Toast, Riverhead, cass, and Stan. All of us pretty much enjoyed the show!

well done! +5%

Most epic screening location!!  :)  With that combination of characters in a Shanghai hotel... sheesh, one can only imagine the conversation!   
We covered a lot of ground. Expect a worker proposal soonish.

What I'd like to see...

A worker proposal from someone who can be a legitimate "second source" to Cryptonomex so that the world will realize that's actually possible.  (BTS shareholders are then truly in control.)

I'd also love to see a project like Maker commit to simultaneously deploying on both Ethereum and BitShares the way that Adobe Photoshop deploys on MacOS and Windows or WeChat deploys on both iOS and Android.

I'd spend quite a lot of press-release ink on that story...

:)

with the current documentation ... I will put that hope...

in the hope category...

but man can wish. (or pump or whatever they feel like)

Luke, you don't know the power of the Maker side...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
When I watched this movie the first time, I was sitting in a Hotel room with view to Shanghai's skyline together with Toast, Riverhead, cass, and Stan. All of us pretty much enjoyed the show!

well done! +5%

Most epic screening location!!  :)  With that combination of characters in a Shanghai hotel... sheesh, one can only imagine the conversation!   

What I'd like to see...

A worker proposal from someone who can be a legitimate "second source" to Cryptonomex so that the world will realize that's actually possible.  (BTS shareholders are then truly in control.)

I'd also love to see a project like Maker commit to simultaneously deploying on both Ethereum and BitShares the way that Adobe Photoshop deploys on MacOS and Windows or WeChat deploys on both iOS and Android.

with the current documentation ... I will put that hope...

in the hope category...

but man can wish. (or pump or whatever they feel like)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

well done! +5%

What I'd like to see...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

well done! +5%

The same thing we do every day, Pinky...

Offline Riverhead

well done! +5%

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

Seriously.. been wondering the same thing!!  Where are you Robrigooooo?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

well done! +5%

Offline fuzzy

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

well done! +5%

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline fuzzy

This video makes bitshares  Real!  I could not stop laughing seeing Fuzzy's cast too.  Good job!

It is a pity Muse's cob was not in the interview list.

Hi, im fuzzy! :D

I personally dont know what i enjoyed most.  Maybe all of it? ;)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
This video makes bitshares  Real!  I could not stop laughing seeing Fuzzy's cast too.  Good job!

It is a pity Muse's cob was not in the interview list.

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
thank you guys for sharing this awesome inside view of the BitShares Developer team and community. It was great to see where all the magic happens :)

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

It was a great watch... as a I commented in youtube, it really humanized everybody that are only generally known by avatars here.

It would be great to make more of these.

It's got me thinking of putting on a crypto event at the bunker so we can have everyone all together and we can some awesome round table talks and firesides on the future.

+5%   Maybe after you shovel yourself out next spring, Nova Scotia could be in the cards.. :)

Let us know when the fireside bunker talks will be held. 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The guy that played fuzzy sounded just like him ... good job casting crew!

:P

lol lol
I couldn't stop laughing man  :)

+5% +5% +5%

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 +5% +5% +5%
It inspired me further and it increased my respect to the community I am honored to be part of.

Offline CalabiYau

Thank you for this insightful journey - enjoyed it very much  +5%

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Wow. Thank you to everybody involved, very inspiring. It's good to see all the different people brought together by a vision.

The setting for the interview with Thom was also a nice touch. Overall everybody came across very likable, good job.  :)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

It was a great watch... as a I commented in youtube, it really humanized everybody that are only generally known by avatars here.

It would be great to make more of these.

It's got me thinking of putting on a crypto event at the bunker so we can have everyone all together and we can some awesome round table talks and firesides on the future.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

I know it might seem bad form to some, but i feel that it is important that everyone knows these two gentlemen did this journey and paid out of pocket for a large portion of it. 

They would never tell you guys and gals this, but it is important that everyone give them a hug :)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
I love the "set" behind Robrigo. I didn't notice it until the 2nd time I watched (when I was looking less at the people and more at the surroundings). Also, Stan in overalls and a rocking chair - so apropos. Was that your idea or his? Either way....Priceless.

Free Mind

Yeah, it's appropriate don't you think? 

Hey @robrigo, you should send these out as Holiday Greetings postcards...  ;D

While we're in appreciation mode, I have to say that Rob was super helpful on this trip, on so many levels!  Mad respect to the crypto-jedi of Detrot!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
shiiiiet I just saw fuzzy ahah finally I can place a face behind that iconic voice during the mumbles!

It might be me but I was under the impression most people on the forums (bitcointalk mostly) thought Stan is  kind of a joker who might not take things as seriously as they are. However in the video we can see a little bit of him during a serious conversation. I dare to say I even saw a little bit of Mr. Wonderful in there. I liked the way he talks, the ease and confidence. Ideal person to stablish contacts and explain the concept at meetings.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:56:50 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline roadscape

Thanks all for the kind words :)

I love the "set" behind Robrigo. I didn't notice it until the 2nd time I watched (when I was looking less at the people and more at the surroundings). Also, Stan in overalls and a rocking chair - so apropos. Was that your idea or his? Either way....Priceless.

Pure Stan...
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
 +5%  :o
Fuzzy made me smile the most :)
Thanks!

Offline bytemaster

Great Video!   

It was very encouraging for me to see some of you for the first time!

It looks like something that will be relevant for a very long time!

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mangou007

Really great work  +5%
Enjoyed watching it
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
My yt app died the second fuzzy was on screen. :D

+5% great vid

Offline testz

Can you uplode to YOUKU?We cannot access YouTube in China..:(

Yes.  I found a guide online, and I will figure out how.  Give me a few days, and I can have the English subtitle track added in as well, for reference.
If there is one thing this community is learning to excel at (besides cutting-edge smartchain technology) it's translations!  :)
@testz can possibly help you.  He uploads the edit mumble chats there I think

BitShares Peer to Peer Tour - 2015 at Youku
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM2MTE2NjcyNA==.html

julian1

Was worth waiting for. Great speakers, lighting and editing. +5%

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Great job guys.. We got a unique bunch here
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline emailtooaj

Yes.  I found a guide online, and I will figure out how.  Give me a few days, and I can have the English subtitle track added in as well, for reference.
If there is one thing this community is learning to excel at (besides cutting-edge smartchain technology) it's translations!  :)
@testz can possibly help you.  He uploads the edit mumble chats there I think
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

I know it's uncanny isn't it?!  It was just pure luck on our part..  8)

---

Thanks to everyone, for the words of encouragement.  And to the brave souls who agreed to be interviewed!
One would think that everyone who appeared on film should be granted a noble sum of BROWNIE.PTS for their heartfelt testimonies. ;)

It's good to know that from such a relatively small sample of this entire community, there is so much wisdom and scholarship among us!  It was seriously game changing for us personally, on so many levels... to meet all the amazing people on this tour.

There will surely be more from Cryptofresh.  Our efforts to tell the story of BitShares and its community in a way that people can relate to, join, and support, will inevitably become more refined.  Wherever we find an opportunity to grow and evolve this space together for the benefit of all concerned, we'll gladly be there.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Offline Fox

Witness: fox

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
 +5% Great Stuff
I Can't wait for the sequel ;D
- Cicero

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
 +5% +5%

Great video and very well edited. Looks good.

Offline noisy

Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline edilliam

Just finished watching. Awesome! Really professional, well done guys.

Edit: Also, really cool little side note on Elijah Lovejoy, just been reading all about him.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:56:17 am by edilliam »

Offline onceuponatime

Many thanks to the 'scape brothers!!!

I really enjoyed the video.

Tuck Fheman

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Well done, guys!   +5% +5%

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
Really enjoyed this. Gives me confidence to Hodl for at least another year... maybe more. You folks are doing a great job. Thanks.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

Great work guys.  I really enjoyed this.  +5%

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
At the time these videos were made, we all knew about Graphene, so our comments and attitudes reflected that still to be announced knowledge.

Hence, why it still seems relevant today.

Offline emailtooaj

WOW... just WOW! I always knew we had the smartest minds, compassion, foresight in this community and this documentary just captured that perfectly.  Awesome job guys!  Can't wait to see more! 
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

jakub

Very cool  +5%
I really enjoyed it.
And the good thing is that the video offers a very general perspective so it's still up-to-date and can be used to promote BTS 2.0.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Many thanks to everyone who helped make this happen, we couldn't have done it without you.

Please be sure to follow our Youtube channel and stay tuned for what's next. ;)

So grab your popcorn, and turn it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwuANB1Syo

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:46:22 pm by bitscape »

Offline roadscape

The delegate pay model introduced in BitShares 0.4.24 was revolutionary, and we’re proud to
have been part of such a bold experiment. Thank you all for the opportunity and support.

Here’s a recap of some of our initiatives over our 7 months as BitShares delegates:

With the launch of the new chain, we are refining our approach and consolidating brands. We’ll
use cryptofresh as our platform for BitShares-related projects. We took the store down to update
it for 2.0 and will post another announcement when the new site launches.

As creative opportunities unfold in the following months, we’ll explore all our funding options
for further projects: the referral program, worker proposals, external funding, and crowdfunding.

With that said, enjoy our first video...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:32:33 pm by roadscape »
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape