Author Topic: What happened to my 1USD that i borrowed  (Read 2081 times)

Offline knircky

• View Profile

Offline knircky

• View Profile
Is there anywhere where this stuff is explained.

Offline knircky

• View Profile
Mhh yes it looks that way. However why did margin call kick in when the price never changed and the collateral was way out there? Again the price is 220 and has been all day. And there was more than 200% collateral.

This looks quite broken.

Offline svk

Looking at it again I see you didn't actually place any orders. So what must've happened is that you got margin called, and twice now. Now I would've expected the margin called positions to just use the USD you had in your account to cover, but it looks like what happens is USD gets bought in the market at up to the margin call price.

The first time you got margin called angel had an open order to sell USD for 250 BTS/USD, so your forced cover bought 1 USD at that price.

After that happened you opened a new margin position for 4 USD, which again got margin called because the price kept dropping. So 4 USD was bought in the open market at 294 BTS/USD.

That's my understanding anyway..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline knircky

• View Profile
No it does not.

First off the value of I USD was 220 and not 250 when my order was executed.

The other 4 USD that i borrowed now have been converted into my account at 294. WTF!!!! And especially why!? The real value is still 220.

FILL ORDER   knircky77 paid 1,176.47058 BTS to obtain 4 USD at 294.117645 BTS/USD 

BLOCK #58879
Date: October 15, 2015, 1:13:15 PM
Witness: init4
Previous: 0000e5fe41a935c550f77cf0777dace2961bf81c
Transaction count: 1
PLACE ORDER   
Amount to sell   340 USD
Price   0.0034 USD/BTS
Seller   angel
Expiration   October 15, 2020, 1:13:11 PM
Fee   5 BTS

How can Angel force me to sell to him at this price! Is my account hacked? I don't get it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:56:48 pm by knircky »

Offline svk

Looks to me like you have:
  • An open margin position of 4 USD (meaning you've borrowed 4 USD from the network by posting some collateral)
  • A successful buy order for 1 USD
  • A current balance of 5 USD
That adds up nicely.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

jaran

I had this same issue.  After i updated the position then my account placed a buy order for the first available USD on the market which was priced much worse than what the margin screen said I was creating a usd for.  So confusing....but i have no idea if that is how it works or what.  Hope somebody who knows can enlighten us.

Offline knircky

• View Profile
Hello,

today i did a little experiment.

- I created a new wallet knircky77 and got some BTS into it via polinex.
- I then borrowed 1 USD into existence. That created a collateral Position

BLOCK #52109
Date: October 15, 2015, 7:23:51 AM
Witness: init7
Previous: 0000cb8c1b47d3160545331236fb67407b6a3efa
Transaction count: 1
UPDATE MARGIN   
Funding account   knircky77
Collateral change   420.2 BTS
Debt change   1 USD
Fee   20 BTS

My Asset showed 1 USD.

Then I check my account a bit later and I see

"FILL ORDER   knircky77 paid 250 BTS to obtain 1 USD at 250 BTS/USD " in my recent activity. Now i am not sure if i created a buy order for USD (i think i did)

I am confused why my collateral position has just vanished. Or i guess i would like to know what happened.

In order to close a collateral position do not need to close this position manually or get a margin call? I would really like to understand what happened here.