Author Topic: Committee members should be economists  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I don't expect this to happen right away. But when we see candidates who know economics, we should vote for them.

BTW, couldn't we pay also to committee members? It doesn't need to be much, but this is highly valuable job for the blockchain, so maybe it should be rewarded even a little bit.

Offline fuzzy

Great idea but it wont happen.  Committee members are not oaid positions so you just have to expect committee members to have other motives for becomming one...
Wish i saw a better way, but i dont. :/
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I've been thinking that we should elect committee members who know at least something about economics.

Deciding what are the best blockchain parameter values requires understanding of the effects on whole BTS economy. That's why I'm not so eager to vote for companies who are building their businesses on Bitshares blockchain because they will propably set parameter values that mostly benefit themselves and not so much the whole Bitshares economy.

That's why best committee members might be even completely outsiders who don't have any prejudices about how and what the blockchain should do. They could look the whole economy with a fresh point of view and hopefully they could see what are the biggest road blocks right now and in the near future.