Author Topic: we should focus on simple business  (Read 3649 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
stop watching the price.
no, don't let the price confuse you, don't let the price affect your work.
but you always need to think about  the price.

I'm not thinking about the price -- it's just a fiction at the moment. The price you see is utterly irrelevant. The 1.0 coin has been dying on some exchanges. The 2.0 version essentially is in beta testing. This transition will take a while to shake out and returns will come in time, not right away. Frankly, I'll be glad if we can run this thing with slow and steady growth. That will mean we have succeeded and the short term speculators will not be able to hold BTS hostage.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
stop watching the price.
no, don't let the price confuse you, don't let the price affect your work.
but you always need to think about  the price.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
stop watching the price.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
look at the price, even less than dogcoin. our target is too great, even can't understand by the world. no real user at these two years.
I think we can focus on simple business, such as trade.BTC exchange, fiat gateway, DACX
people can accept these more easy. and it can be a big business.

when we can get much real user, we can begin smart asset. It will be more easy with a lot of active user.
I think there is a simple reason for the low BTS price in general: The Bitcoin / altcoin trading markets are full of idiology driven projects and traders so the market has a hard time figuring out the value of BTS. It will take a while for this whole market to get more professional and rational (real world use case and profit driven). But if it does BTS will be among the most valuable public blockchain projects.

Offline alt

• View Profile
Utility should be the priority , that can create network effect thus increasing the price. Once people notice the speed BitShares protocol presents it will make the price skyrocket . There should be a simple user interface specificaly designed for   the general public  . Many people will want to enjoy the speed without dealing with the complexity. Everything is going pretty well if you ask me ..
yes, everything is very good except the smart asset, we shouldn't spent too much at smart asset now, we can delay this when BTS return to 0.05USD

If we put aside smart assets what is our competitive advantage against NXT or Dash in the eyes of a "normal" user?
I know there are many other features we excel at but for a "normal" user smart assets is the key value proposition.

If want to be in the NXT and Dash league regarding the market cap - that's fine, we can switch focus on speed, scalability, UIAs, scheduled payments etc.
But if we aim much higher - smart assets free of counterparty risk is our truly unique advantage and we should never consider putting it aside.
yes, smart assets is our next nuclear. not for now.
now we are cheap than dog coin. so sad
when our active user is enough, smart coin will be very easy.

jakub

Utility should be the priority , that can create network effect thus increasing the price. Once people notice the speed BitShares protocol presents it will make the price skyrocket . There should be a simple user interface specificaly designed for   the general public  . Many people will want to enjoy the speed without dealing with the complexity. Everything is going pretty well if you ask me ..
yes, everything is very good except the smart asset, we shouldn't spent too much at smart asset now, we can delay this when BTS return to 0.05USD

If we put aside smart assets what is our competitive advantage against NXT or Dash in the eyes of a "normal" user?
I know there are many other features we excel at but for a "normal" user smart assets is the key value proposition.

If want to be in the NXT and Dash league regarding the market cap - that's fine, we can switch focus on speed, scalability, UIAs, scheduled payments etc.
But if we aim much higher - smart assets free of counterparty risk is our truly unique advantage and we should never consider putting it aside.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
In fact, the real business is more complicate than we think.
Just think about how a forex system work. It is not just about the trade system. It has to find a low cost deposit and withdraw solution for different currencies. It has to consider how to manage the currencies.It is built on the gaint traditional finance system, and much much complicate than ours.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:29:40 pm by xiahui135 »

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
the big reason is that simple thing or complicated thing ,

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
if we have support some business, the liquildty will be larger, and this lead to a tight peg.
All this have connection.
I agree that support business is the key to start.

Offline bitacer

I remember what Andreas once said , there are many people around the world who just need to see it work and how to use it. Cars , phones or planes are some good examples . We just need to see what they do   and and how to use them , thats all.

Offline alt

• View Profile

Offline bitacer

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
yes, I agree.  Is there one problem, that can be solved by our solution now? This is a direction we should explore.

At the moment yes, exchanges can prove their solvent and be transparent.

The other problem the platform should work on solving is having a decent peg
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
yes, I agree.  Is there one problem, that can be solved by our solution now? This is a direction we should explore.