Author Topic: Corrupt wallet.dat  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Alex3321

• View Profile
Is it simply not loading at all?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If worse come to worst, could you just grab the private key from the debug console and re-import it on a fresh install? I mean, obviously  try it first to make sure you can do that, but I feel like it would work.

How would he grab the keys from the debug console if the wallet is corrupt and not loadable?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Alex3321

• View Profile
If worse come to worst, could you just grab the private key from the debug console and re-import it on a fresh install? I mean, obviously  try it first to make sure you can do that, but I feel like it would work.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Did you try -salvagewallet?

In terminal type "./Applications/ProtoShares-Qt-0.2.0.app/Contents/MacOS/ProtoShares-Qt -salvagewallet"

edit: oops, that's the osx path. You want "<pts location>/ProtoShares-Qt -salvagewallet"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline PYneer

• View Profile
The file is gone, maybe install WINE on Linux and somehow repair it from there? It'd be alot easier that way.
BTC: 1RaWjtSo9CxGuraKm4ZUUMt6JoagYeoi7   PTS: PqvuS7V99h1HmguMq1ncy6ijMJ7NhU9kWM
Cryptsy   Vircurex

Offline Robbie

• View Profile
Hi,

I have a corrupt wallet.dat file and have found a working Windows wallet repair tool, but the problem is, I am using Linux.  :(
Is someone able to port this over to Linux for me please?
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/6PKs3XzrE0/

I have tried pywallet and bitcointools but they can't fix the file.

I am at my wits end.

Thanks,
Rob