Author Topic: Witness Communication Platform (Brownie Quest--Completed by @Cube!)  (Read 20014 times)

Offline fuzzy

Hello everyone.  I am posting this to notify you that the Quest has been completed and most of the payments have been sent out (save a few individuals who haven't added comments to the distribution spreadsheet (to give their account name). 

This thread is now going to be closed as it is beginning to move to the "off-topic" realm.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@wmbutler publishing IPs of (block producing) witness nodes is not a good idea b/c it allows people to DDOS your machine

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
All,

With the help of xeroc, I've gotten my witness node up at AWS  us-east-1. Any chance I could get some votes?

Code: [Select]
name: billbutler
id: 1.6.57
ip: 52.23.94.205
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Loves the tasty brownies.  Thank you!
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

Payments have gone out (20 brownies to first post/bump, 5 brownies for every post thereafter, and 400 for bitcube for completing the quest.

List of individuals needing to add their account in the following spreadsheet
@byron
@dannotestein
@checkrasier
@emski
@ffwong
@julian1
@maqifrnswa
@rnglab

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
New witness here:

name: billbutler
id: 1.6.57
ip: 52.23.94.205

A couple of things. Looking for votes and for inclusion into Slack and Telegram. My Telegram username is @wmbutler

Offline fuzzy

I think that's a good idea fuzz, that way there is one person we can blame when we don't get out brownies  :D

As always, my bts account is in my forum profile. The spreadsheet is the BTS 1.0 account, don't use that  :o

unfortunately I cannot go in and change everyone's account every time they change it simply based on forum comments, please check the spreadsheet and add a comment in the appropriate area otherwise I cannot guarantee anything.  I have lots and lots of stuff going on in the background so it is really easy to forget :/

I know.  BUT

No matter how much 'lots and lots of stuff you have going on in the background' you should always take the time to send 0.0002 USD worth of brownies whenever they are appropriately earned!
Period!
These are BROWNIES! ...not some background running stuff!

:)  thanks for the confidence tony! 

Offline fuzzy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nz0fXiVvPfldyWxianBguMRS9QnOJ02Kz-TSwOb5ZMw/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a new link that anyone can comment on.  Please try to comment in the area of question so I can check and work on it.  It is important to have a level of transparency, but unfortunately I cannot open it up to everyone to edit (due to issues with individuals potentially joining and altering payment history). 

From now on I'll have this link in my profile.

(Edit: for some reason it will not allow me to add a url to the profile sig...)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:16:46 am by fuzzy »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I think that's a good idea fuzz, that way there is one person we can blame when we don't get out brownies  :D

As always, my bts account is in my forum profile. The spreadsheet is the BTS 1.0 account, don't use that  :o

unfortunately I cannot go in and change everyone's account every time they change it simply based on forum comments, please check the spreadsheet and add a comment in the appropriate area otherwise I cannot guarantee anything.  I have lots and lots of stuff going on in the background so it is really easy to forget :/

I know.  BUT

No matter how much 'lots and lots of stuff you have going on in the background' you should always take the time to send 0.0002 USD worth of brownies whenever they are appropriately earned!
Period!
These are BROWNIES! ...not some background running stuff!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Please leave your bts address on the following spreadsheet so I can distribute brownies for participation!

My BTS address is "pmc", not "pc" (can't edit the sheet myself it seems).

Thanks!

Yes, the spreadsheet is in VIEW ONLY mode.  I cannot add 'bitcube' nor any comment to it.

Fuz, any idea?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:44:23 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fuzzy

Please leave your bts address on the following spreadsheet so I can distribute brownies for participation!

Thanks!

I have stopped people from editing.  Only comment privs because i do not want people to be able to mess with the official record of brownies ive sent :)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
Just finished this thread. I've been involved in BTS since PTS and I'm ready to be a delegate. Ive read through almost all of the docs, but I couldn't find one very important piece of information. What is the recommended OS and version to run a delegate on? I've seen references to several Ubuntu versions but it seem like this is the best group to ask.

Also, is there a way to become a witness without using 0.9.3 keys? I've already converted over to 2.0 on all of my accounts.

I use Slack all the time for work and installed Telegram in preparation. I also have pretty extensive knowledge of git, node etc. Thanks for any help you can offer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:05:44 pm by wmbutler »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Thanks!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de