Author Topic: Witness Communication Platform (Brownie Quest--Completed by @Cube!)  (Read 20023 times)

Offline fuzzy

This thread highlights good and bad issues about Bitshares at the moment.

It's good that we have finally come to an agreement on communication channels but I'm also disappointed. It should not have taken six pages on this thread to reorganise what 80% of the test and initial witnesses had already organised.

Bitshares (open invitation) and Bitshares_Witnesses (invite only) Telegram groups have been running successfully since the test net and all witnesses were invited to the telegram and slack witness groups (including Bytemaster).

I publicly removed myself from Bitshares_Witnesses after being voted out. I did not want to appear hypocritical because I had politely refused entry to Bitshares users wanting to be in the witness group (that had sent me private messages) who were not voted in as witnesses.

I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in setting up these communication channels and hope their continued use benefits the promotion and stability of Bitshares and it's "business" model.

It really is up to those who had already created thise channels to come on here and work on getting it done.  There is still time for you to win by making sure all witnesses join your platforms. 
This was needed by bm asap and noone from those channels even posted to this thread.  Im sure the rest of this threads participants would have loved to help support them...but it it took over 2 days for a response to even be out on here regarding the organization thereof.  That is not anyone's fault who has been actively trying to complete this quest within the thread, right?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

iHashFury

This thread highlights good and bad issues about Bitshares at the moment.

It's good that we have finally come to an agreement on communication channels but I'm also disappointed. It should not have taken six pages on this thread to reorganise what 80% of the test and initial witnesses had already organised.

Bitshares (open invitation) and Bitshares_Witnesses (invite only) Telegram groups have been running successfully since the test net and all witnesses were invited to the telegram and slack witness groups (including Bytemaster).

I publicly removed myself from Bitshares_Witnesses after being voted out. I did not want to appear hypocritical because I had politely refused entry to Bitshares users wanting to be in the witness group (that had sent me private messages) who were not voted in as witnesses.

I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in setting up these communication channels and hope their continued use benefits the promotion and stability of Bitshares and it's "business" model.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
i've been in telegram for a week and am using sparkato's bot
my name is "Scott (maqifrnswa)" i'll just change it to maqifrnswa

You were in another bitshares group and not the Bitshares Witness group.  I added you to the right Telegram channel and slack invite.

EDIT:

Latest update:

Telegram (primary channel)
There is now a backup alert bot.   

Slack (backup channel)
Another great piece of news:  spartako's witness alert bot is ported over to the slack group.  I have tested it and it works!  Thank you, spartako.

Most of the active witnesses (and a few other non-active ones) are registered in both Telegram and Slack, except:

1) pc not in Telegram - I just sent him an invite a moment ago. Waiting for his response
pc has joined both Telegram and Slack
2) Thom not in Slack - He is not accepting it for now
3) Holytransaction not in Slack - I sent him invite earlier. Waiting for his response
3) maqifrnswa not in both - I sent him invite earlier. Waiting for his response
maqifrnswa not in Slack just yet - I sent him Slack invite. Waiting for his response
4) delegated-proof-of-steak not in both - (dev. Does anyone know his forum handle?)
Turns out to be modprobe.  Invite sent. Waiting for his response
5) delegate.btsnow not in both (dev)
Turns out to be Dan Notestein.  He is now in both.
6) lafona not in Slack (he was missed out)- he has confirmed to join Slack when he is back

@thom
You can get the same alert and node monitoring from the slack bot.  Slack channel #witness is to be used strictly for sending alerts and announcement. You can get alert notification from the ease of your mobile andriod app (just like telegram) and for 24x7.  There is no chatty stuff in this channel.  Slack would become the backup channel for the witnesses (if there is no objection).  Slack has an added advantage of integrating to github and hence it can get git commit alerts too.  Please do reconsider accepting my invite and join our slack witness group.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:28:30 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Latest update:

Most of the active witnesses (and a few other non-active ones) are registered in both Telegram and Slack, except:

1) pc not in Telegram - I just sent him an invite a moment ago. Waiting for his response
3) Holytransaction not in Slack - I sent him invite earlier. Waiting for his response
4) delegated-proof-of-steak not in both - (dev)
6) lafona not in Slack (he was missed out)- he has confirmed to join Slack when he is back

i've been in telegram for a week and am using sparkato's bot
my name is "Scott (maqifrnswa)" i'll just change it to maqifrnswa
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline roadscape

Here's the latest active witness list:

Code: [Select]
                 witness -   id   - forum
                 bitcube - 1.6.12 - cube
               roadscape - 1.6.13 - roadscape
              dele-puppy - 1.6.14 - puppies
                spartako - 1.6.15 - spartako
                     fox - 1.6.16 - Fox
                    bhuz - 1.6.17 - Bhuz
                  wackou - 1.6.18 - wackou
       mindphlux.witness - 1.6.19 - mindphlux
                  elmato - 1.6.20 - ElMato
                  cyrano - 1.6.21 - pc
                  xeldal - 1.6.22 - Xeldal
              harvey-xts - 1.6.23 - Harvey
          mr.agsexplorer - 1.6.24 - boombastic
                     bue - 1.6.25 - twitter
         delegate-clayop - 1.6.27 - clayop
       delegate-1.lafona - 1.6.28 - lafona
          triox-delegate - 1.6.29 - triox
                spectral - 1.6.30 - Spectral
         holytransaction - 1.6.32 - darbon
             verbaltech2 - 1.6.34 - Thom
                 in.abit - 1.6.35 - abit
         delegate.btsnow - 1.6.40 - dannotestein
delegated-proof-of-steak - 1.6.42 - ?
              maqifrnswa - 1.6.43 - maqifrnswa
                  rnglab - 1.6.45 - rnglab
              dragonball - 1.6.46 - ffwong
        datasecuritynode - 1.6.49 - DataSecurityNode
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cube

• View Profile
Great, seems to work now. Is this an invite only group then? Or does Windows client just not have support for searching for groups?

Afaik, they are invite only groups.  Windows client can search for groups.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I downloaded and installed telegram for Windows, and I've figured out how to add individual contacts, but I don't see how to add a group. Can someone assist me? My telegram username is @dannote.

I've invited you to both telegram groups.
Great, seems to work now. Is this an invite only group then? Or does Windows client just not have support for searching for groups?
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline cube

• View Profile
I downloaded and installed telegram for Windows, and I've figured out how to add individual contacts, but I don't see how to add a group. Can someone assist me? My telegram username is @dannote.

Now that you are part of the Telegram Witness channel (thanks to roadscape), I like to invite you to the Slack group (backup channel).  I PM'ed you the invite.

BTW, in case you are not aware, both Telegram and Slack have their mobile android apps  You can get alerts on the go.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:20:27 pm by cube »

Offline roadscape

I've invited you to both telegram groups.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:01:10 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline cube

• View Profile

That is my primary reason, secondary is just one more platform to stay chained to, plus the point is to be in touch as much as possible 24x7, and the phone is only way to do that for me. A slack website is not practical on the phone for quick, important info exchange. For casual, non-time critical comm it would be fine I'm sure.

1 - bitsharestalk forum for, well - it's our history, database
2- mumble for real time voice / chat
3- Telegram for fast comm, integrated with real time witness activity
4- slack for ??????????? Why slack?

Is there not one platform to handle at least 3 out of 4 in this list?

Slack has a mobile app and it functions like a Telegram mobile app does.  It is easy to use.  You do not need to use the Slack website on a mobile.

Slack is in every way similar to Telegram when it comes to 'fast comm, integrated with real time witness activity'.

Why slack? It is for emergency witness alerts (and witness discussions just like in Telegram if you like) and it is our backup communication channel.  We need to have another alert communication channel ready so that when Telegram fails, we can immediately fall back on Slack and keep the real-time communication going.

Is there not one platform to handle at least 3 out of 4 in this list?

Witness alert communication channel has a very different purpose and requirement.  It needs to function in a real-time, unclustered, unplanned-for and interactive manner.  bitsharestalk and mumble are not really suitable.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:39:50 pm by cube »

Offline cube

• View Profile
Latest update:

4) delegated-proof-of-steak not in both - (dev)

Offline fuzzy

Offline thistome

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

(bump) ;)

Ya'll are so close!  What's it going to take to wrap this up?!  Ham radio?   :P

Well played!!

@cube thanks for getting this list put together.
@thom as long as all the delegates are in one or the other and only a couple delegates are missing for legitimate reasons, i can see this. Once you get your phone you will see it has slack and telegram already on it.

Oh wow...i just realized the delegated-proof-of-steak. Almost died laughing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:18:31 am by fuzzy »