Author Topic: What's next after the 2.0 launch?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
Here's an important one that hasn't surfaced yet: provide API functionality to build shopping carts and account authentication / login, like the BitShares login was meant to to be in BitShares 0.9.x .

The addition of this would help anyone to sell products or services with tight integration to BitShares. Part of this is to complete the implementation of a secure websockets interface in the witness_node code. Although that aspect isn't as high a priority as the login / authentication API (or at least documentation for the API if such functionality is indeed already there), it just makes sense to finish what was started.

Oh and in the list above I would add "Implement a plugin architecture for the GUI" to allow integrators and power users to tailor colors / styles / logos more easily. Color / GUI look & feel items are already in your poll, but why not implement them in an extensible way, rather than just offer a few more choices.

I've gotta believe significant elements of a plugin UI architecture already exist, and if so adapting them would reduce the workload on the devs.

+5%

It should be multiple streams of work, BAU (issues, bugs, etc) and new value add, and yes the most important is to allow the integration, if you cannot build your business in Bitshares you will look at another alternatives.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

Here's an important one that hasn't surfaced yet: provide API functionality to build shopping carts and account authentication / login, like the BitShares login was meant to to be in BitShares 0.9.x .

The addition of this would help anyone to sell products or services with tight integration to BitShares. Part of this is to complete the implementation of a secure websockets interface in the witness_node code. Although that aspect isn't as high a priority as the login / authentication API (or at least documentation for the API if such functionality is indeed already there), it just makes sense to finish what was started.

Oh and in the list above I would add "Implement a plugin architecture for the GUI" to allow integrators and power users to tailor colors / styles / logos more easily. Color / GUI look & feel items are already in your poll, but why not implement them in an extensible way, rather than just offer a few more choices.

I've gotta believe significant elements of a plugin UI architecture already exist, and if so adapting them would reduce the workload on the devs.
Thanks, Thom. I've amended the list.

Offline Thom

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:23:39 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

jakub

Personally I am against changing the transaction fees but I've added it to the list as it has become an important issue for some of us.
(You can always modify your vote in this poll if you feel like it)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:35:34 pm by jakub »

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I voted for:

Fix the migration process (the Windows menu and wallets with a large number of private keys)
Fix all the known bugs in the GUI
Make the affiliate program practically work (i.e. without the need to run a separate server)
Upgrade the market page to a Poloniex standard
Tidy up the look and feel of the GUI (font size, colors, replace error messages with user-friendly texts etc)

So basically bug fixing and making the GUI better to make the best user experience possible, that's what ultimately will bring more people into BitShares. I think those should be the priorities right now.
Then once we have something that is working at 100% and appeals to everyone, we can start on expanding, adding new features, etc

^^^ THIS

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline phillyguy

Yes, the gui just make a copy of poloniex is enough. It is enough for practical use.

+5% +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Yes, the gui just make a copy of poloniex is enough. It is enough for practical use.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I voted for:

Fix the migration process (the Windows menu and wallets with a large number of private keys)
Fix all the known bugs in the GUI
Make the affiliate program practically work (i.e. without the need to run a separate server)
Upgrade the market page to a Poloniex standard
Tidy up the look and feel of the GUI (font size, colors, replace error messages with user-friendly texts etc)

So basically bug fixing and making the GUI better to make the best user experience possible, that's what ultimately will bring more people into BitShares. I think those should be the priorities right now.
Then once we have something that is working at 100% and appeals to everyone, we can start on expanding, adding new features, etc

jakub

This is a quick poll before we have the worker proposal functionality up and running.
If I missed something important - just let me know and I'll amend the list.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:43:10 am by jakub »