Author Topic: Control same account from 2 wallets??  (Read 1734 times)

jaran

OK so i finally got control of my account back by removing the greyed out active key and adding the owner key to the active key then publish changes.  I was missing the publish changes button before.

Not sure if thats what you are suppose to do or what or if having them both set to the same key is bad?  And no clue how the account got in the state of having a greyed out active key but at least I have control of it back...

jaran

Is it possible to control the same account from multiple wallets such as one wallet on windows and another one on mac?

I am having issues with this.  I imported the wallet from one to the other using a brain key.

I get the error "missing active authority" on one of my 2 wallets when trying to perform transactions.

I should add i am using the light client for windows and mac

Did you try exporting private keys (can find a key icon in permission tab) and import the keys in the GUI? I'm controlling the same account in two wallets with this method.

I can only get the owner key to import into a new wallet but then its the same problem.  The active key is greyed out and different.  I cant click on the active key to get the private key to import.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Is it possible to control the same account from multiple wallets such as one wallet on windows and another one on mac?

I am having issues with this.  I imported the wallet from one to the other using a brain key.

I get the error "missing active authority" on one of my 2 wallets when trying to perform transactions.

Did you try exporting private keys (can find a key icon in permission tab) and import the keys in the GUI? I'm controlling the same account in two wallets with this method.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

jaran

OK so I noticed on my account that I cant send from on the permissions tab the activekey is greyed out - i cant click on it (the owner key is clickable and different from the activekey).  On other accounts i have that I can send from the active keys are not greyed out and I can click on them to view the private key.

Does anyone know what would cause the active key to be greyed out? 

Also i tried adding the owner key to the active key but I get a javascript console error:  app.js:51 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:52:12 pm by jaran »

jaran

do you see the same accounts in both wallets if you go to your dashboard?

Yes i see the  accounts in the dashboard. I should also add that i have 2 wallets per client: default and wallet2.

I deleted the wallets on the client that I was getting that error on and restored backups for both wallets.  After that I had to relaunch the client but I was able to send transactions from both wallets.  However the problem then came back and now one of the wallets wont send transactions again.

So my guess is it has something to do with switching wallets in the client.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

Offline JA

• View Profile
do you see the same accounts in both wallets if you go to your dashboard?

jaran

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:23:36 pm by jaran »