Author Topic: How-To Solve : JavaScript error - Unexpected token = client will not open  (Read 906 times)

Tuck Fheman

I opened my wallet several times today with no issues, then received this error message repeatedly and the client would no longer open.

To fix it I tried rebooting, reinstalling Java with today's update, rebooting again, still the same error.

So, I backed up my \AppData\Roaming\BitShares2-light folder by renaming it to BitShares2-light - BACKUP.

I then uninstalled BitShares 2.0 and reinstalled a fresh copy.

Then I copied my backed up \AppData\Roaming\BitShares2-light - BACKUP\databases folder into the new \AppData\Roaming\BitShares2-light folder created during the new install.

Then I copied my backed up \AppData\Roaming\BitShares2-light - BACKUP\IndexedDB folder into the new \AppData\Roaming\BitShares2-light folder created during the new install.

The client opened up and I see no issues, yet.

I have no clue if what I did was the proper thing to do, but it worked as far as I can tell so I thought I'd share it for anyone else who may experience that error in the future.

Please note, you will lose any favorites listed in your favorite markets and I'm not sure which folder/file contains that information and I only had two saved, so no big deal.