Author Topic: Market order matching bug?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Re: Market order matching bug?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 12:19:22 am »
I am also confused by the order book. No matter how to adjust, you have to make sure all the orders in the list are tradable.
If I can see it, then I can place order to fill it. Simple like this.

Xeldal

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 12:26:53 am »
The current rule makes the order book look silly and I think this should be changed to something like:

A margin call will occur any time the highest bid is greater than SQP and CALL PRICE is greater than SQP.

This doesn't capture the fact that the highest bid has to be lower than the call price.

I think the rule is fine, just the way the GUI displays it should be changed. Just don't show yellow orders (margin calls) unless the highest bid is less than the SQP. Then display all margin calls as an order at the SQP. That actually reflects what is happening.

Thats it.  makes sense graphically.  I would say don't display the (yellow) Highest Call Price unless its greater than the SQP Limit.  If its greater than the SQP Limit, place it *at the SQP Limit.  These are essentially Limit orders to sell at SQP Limit (if the  other condition is met. )=>  It won't sell to a BID above its Highest call price.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:30:44 am by Xeldal »

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 01:46:03 am »

If there are sell orders below that range, the margin orders won't execute at all, so you get a negative spread.

So in the current situation we have about $1500 being called at 290 BTS/USD. However since there is about $5000 USD in sell orders below the call price of 284 BTS/USD the call doesn't execute because they are still sufficiently collateralized against the actual market price (~280 BTS/USD) regardless of the feed.

Is it that the dex market price trumps the feed price when deciding when to execute a call? Am I close? If that's the case then the rule makes sense but the display is a bit...confusing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:47:37 am by Riverhead »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 01:50:47 am »

If there are sell orders below that range, the margin orders won't execute at all, so you get a negative spread.

So in the current situation we have about $1500 being called at 290 BTS/USD. However since there is about $5000 USD in sell orders below the call price of 284 BTS/USD the call doesn't execute because they are still sufficiently collateralized against the actual market price (~280 BTS/USD) regardless of the feed.

Is it that the dex market price trumps the feed price when deciding when to execute a call? Am I close? If that's the case then the rule makes sense but the display is a bit...confusing.

You nailed it, [email protected] guy :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 06:38:34 am »

That's quite a good explanation!
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Online alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 07:25:41 am »

maybe we shouldn't place the margin call order at the order book.
just move it to another place, with the margin call price.

Offline svk

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 07:32:23 am »

maybe we shouldn't place the margin call order at the order book.
just move it to another place, with the margin call price.

This would give invisible orders in illiquid markets.

A simple solution to all this would be to let call orders buy at a price down to the feed price.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks