Author Topic: Pseudo market research about transaction fees in BTS2  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Would it make sense when the system  displays the fee for a transaction from basic members it saids something like:

"If you upgrade to lifetime/annual membership you get a 80% discount for all your fees, for this transaction you would pay X BTS"

so we promote our product to newcomers without needing them to find out on our forums...

+5%

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Would it make sense when the system  displays the fee for a transaction from basic members it saids something like:

"If you upgrade to lifetime/annual membership you get a 80% discount for all your fees, for this transaction you would pay X BTS"

so we promote our product to newcomers without needing them to find out on our forums...

Offline bitacer

If you listen to many prominent figures in the crypto space including Charles , most of them emphasize the fact that this technology is needed mostly in the developing world more than the west .  Most of the transaction types will probably be money transfers . You got to make it appealing , but you can set the fees higher for some of the more advanced transactions . Not for the transfers .

Offline svk

I counted 28 transactions and not once have I even though about the fee..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

jakub

If there is enough interest I could do a proper poll (outside this forum) which:
(1) would be split into three categories:
- fund transfers
- market orders (i.e trading)
- voting
(2) would ask two questions (in each of the above category):
- how many transactions have you made in the last 2 weeks?
- how many more you wanted to make but you ended up not doing because you thought the transaction fee was too expensive?
(3) and would ask for the geographical location of the participant

And to prevent double voting I could distribute (via PMs) a unique URL for everyone wanting to take part in the poll.
(I wish we had the polling functionality right on the blockchain like NXT does but hopefully we will when FMV is released)

I just need to know if enough people are interested.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:57:23 am by jakub »

jakub

jakub, can you make the poll to include the possibility to view results without having to vote? (otherwise people that dont have anything to say vote just to see the results)
Good point. It's fixed.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
jakub, can you make the poll to include the possibility to view results without having to vote? (otherwise people that dont have anything to say vote just to see the results)

Offline CRWTH

• View Profile
I have 28 BTS which I cant use.

I just sent you 100 BTS.

Thank you

It is still strange fee for someone only trying to check it.

Offline phillyguy

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline phillyguy

I have done between 20 and 40 transactions and I have done every transaction I wanted to because I paid for the lifetime membership and will get 80% of all fees returned to me.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CRWTH

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
since I get 80% back, I did every TX I wanted.

jakub

Obviously, this is not a proper market research but I hope this poll will give us a rough estimate whether the transaction fee issue is actually a perception problem or an economical one.

e.g. If I've made around 12 transactions and wanted to make 8 more but I didn't because of the fee, I'd select "between 10 and 20 / between 3 and 15".
For obvious reasons please be honest, no matter what your views in this subject are.

If it turns out to be a perception problem then it still needs to be addressed in the marketing strategy but at least we will know the underlying reasons.