Author Topic: Can someone explain to me what I'm missing? (Sold my BTS a while ago)  (Read 2105 times)

Tuck Fheman

... way below the btc38 price.

Because you can't deposit/withdraw BTS on btc38?

Offline habeler

Islandking if you are going to buy back in, now is the time, while the shorts are suppressing it hard on polo, and 1400 area is the right price.

40 BTC till 1440. I wish I had the money.

Anyone wishing to buy take it in one buy as they will go otherwise.
1LeQTkxdpvZFU23qA22xas2zvqzTHMa48T
bts-habeler876

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Islandking if you are going to buy back in, now is the time, while the shorts are suppressing it hard on polo, and 1400 area is the right price.

Dont buy anywhere expect polo or ccedk though, the others are not reliable and havent completed upgrade to 2.0.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think what happened is that at release, which wasnt 100% bug free, some whales took the opportunity to dump 10s of millions of BTS that they had bought lower down in the previous weeks.  This margin called a bunch of traders who were using poloniex to margin in anticipation of the good things coming in 2.0, so that pretty much killed the good feelings that traders had developed towards BTS in the runup to the release.

Now the whales are continually shorting millions of BTS on polo and keeping it suppressed way below the btc38 price.  Its been more than 100 sats lower on polo that the equivalent CNY price on btc38, for days now, because they can pretty much short unlimited amounts of BTS and get away with it.  (BTS holders are loaning out millions of BTS at incredibly low rates which lets them do this, and since all the BTS bulls got broken by the post-release crash no one has any money left to fight them).

I've noticed the same thing and posted in the trading section how epic this squeeze is going to be when polo traders start cover.  I think we hit 21 mil market cap by mid November.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think what happened is that at release, which wasnt 100% bug free, some whales took the opportunity to dump 10s of millions of BTS that they had bought lower down in the previous weeks.  This margin called a bunch of traders who were using poloniex to margin in anticipation of the good things coming in 2.0, so that pretty much killed the good feelings that traders had developed towards BTS in the runup to the release.

Now the whales are continually shorting millions of BTS on polo and keeping it suppressed way below the btc38 price.  Its been more than 100 sats lower on polo that the equivalent CNY price on btc38, for days now, because they can pretty much short unlimited amounts of BTS and get away with it.  (BTS holders are loaning out millions of BTS at incredibly low rates which lets them do this, and since all the BTS bulls got broken by the post-release crash no one has any money left to fight them).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
BTS 2.0 is a completely different animal. Theres a lot to go through, but you should look at the main website for the new features.
The devs deserve a lot of credit thus far. Yes its not perfect yet, but they're getting there and its all very encouraging.

Stick around from now on and she what happens. Theres still a lot happening between now and Christmas - fiat on ramp in the browser through CCEDK, MUSE goes live in a couple of weeks, moonstone come out with their wallet soon etc etc

The devs have some bugs to fix in the front end, but all the backend stuff is done is my understanding. People can try and rain on the parade but its looking pretty good so far and this is just the start.

Welcome back.

Offline bytemaster

We are striving to increase the level of professionalism as time and money permit.

Your positive review of our latest effort is much appreciated! 

As for what changed:  everything.    We have rewritten BitShares from the ground up.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
So I made a topic over in the trading section here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19266.0.html

I used to have a large stake in BTS before. But I sold out at a modest 10% profit on my initial investment because I really didn't like they way things were going, in regard to no marketing, and sloppy websites. I then watched you guys drop and drop, and drop. Now that I've noticed this recent huge crash in price it got my attention and I made a thread in the forum.

What I'm wondering is....

What has changed? Why did the price drop so much?

And secondly, I tested out the UI for the new online market and I LOVE IT. As someone in the other thread suggested I would. It actually caught me off guard.

So my other main question is.... Has the disorganized dev/community base fixed itself? Because when I was involved things were going downhill, but after looking at the new bitshares.org website and other materials it seems that things have gotten more professional.

And if someone could also explain to me what the heck is going on with Bitshares 2.0 that would be nice to :)

I'll keep digging through forum posts on here in the meantime. Thanks! Would like to get back in if things have gotten more professional around here.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi