Author Topic: Nexus and BitShares  (Read 4974 times)

Offline emailtooaj

We are working on something that the community might find interesting. We'll reveal more about it "soon". Our focus is on making Ethereum/Graphene interoperability easy and accessible. The holy grail would be to make a trustless or near-trustless two way peg in the future, but at first we're taking baby steps.

We have decided not to make a worker proposal for now as we have found a better way to monetize our product, and we think worker proposals should be reserved for public goods that cannot be monetized in other ways.

I'd like to hear more about this project.

me2
+5
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We are working on something that the community might find interesting. We'll reveal more about it "soon". Our focus is on making Ethereum/Graphene interoperability easy and accessible. The holy grail would be to make a trustless or near-trustless two way peg in the future, but at first we're taking baby steps.

We have decided not to make a worker proposal for now as we have found a better way to monetize our product, and we think worker proposals should be reserved for public goods that cannot be monetized in other ways.

me2

TravelsAsia

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Looking forward to see your BitShares worker proposal :D

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey rgcrypto, here are the results of your tips...
  • Rune: has been credited 1 FISTBUMP
  • Rune: has been credited 1 HIGHFIVE
  • Rune: has been credited 1 THANKYOU
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fuzzy

Alleluia! Looking forward to see the proposals, we need man power!

#sharebits "Rune" 1 FISTBUMP
#sharebits "Rune" 1 HIGHFIVE
#sharebits "Rune" 1 THANKYOU

Do you have a portfolio of your work somewhere?

Nexus. Yes looking forward to this and many others:)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Alleluia! Looking forward to see the proposals, we need man power!

#sharebits "Rune" 1 FISTBUMP
#sharebits "Rune" 1 HIGHFIVE
#sharebits "Rune" 1 THANKYOU

Do you have a portfolio of your work somewhere?

TravelsAsia

So now we have CNX and also Nexus potentially working on BitShares, nice  +5% and good luck with your project!

Would love to see some proposals from the Nexus crew.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So now we have CNX and also Nexus potentially working on BitShares, nice  +5% and good luck with your project!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I'll be hanging out in the MKR room 5 mins from now

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Rune as someone who has contemplated trying to bootstrap Maker and also someone considering creating a BitShares registration and referral funnel...

Do you have any input/opinion on trading fees/fee structuring for the internal exchange?
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Could you record the mumble and post? Thanks

this please!  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bobmaloney

What I'd like to see...

A worker proposal from someone who can be a legitimate "second source" to Cryptonomex so that the world will realize that's actually possible.  (BTS shareholders are then truly in control.)

I'd also love to see a project like Maker commit to simultaneously deploying on both Ethereum and BitShares the way that Adobe Photoshop deploys on MacOS and Windows or WeChat deploys on both iOS and Android.

I'd spend quite a lot of press-release ink on that story...

:)

The team behind Maker is now in the process of branding ourselves as a company with a business model similar to Cryptonomex - we call ourselves Nexus and will focus on dapp development and development as a service. Our whole team went to the Blockchain Summit in Shanghai and I wrote an update about the trip today:

https://forum.makerdao.com/t/blog-draft-nexus-report-shanghai-global-blockchain-summit/315

The one thing I didn't include in the update (as this is still a very new idea) is that Nexus plans to also focus on the opportunities within the BitShares ecosystem as a part of our business model that we'll use to sustain ourselves on the road to deploying Maker and accomplishing other of our long term goals.

Among things we're considering are: Making a worker proposal in exchange for products that will improve the value of BTS, and making a registration and referral funnel. We're still just exploring the various opportunities, and as a part of that me and possibly some other Nexus members are planning to hold a hangout in the MKR room on the beyond bitcoin mumble server this afternoon 3 pm east coast time (9 pm european time) to hear the communities thoughts regarding worker proposals and what kind of products we can offer the BitShares community.

:D

+5%
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)