Author Topic: [API] Does the cli_wallet have its own permission file / do I need to login?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline theoretical

The CLI wallet can use server-rpc-user and server-rpc-password on the command line or in the config file allow you to specify how it authenticates as a client to the witness_node.  All the functions the cli_wallet uses are public with the default witness_node configuration, so this is not necessary unless you have created an apiaccess file to change your witness_node's authentication policy.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
nop .. the cli RPC is open if you authenticated against RPC ..

Offline monsterer

I've finally got the witness_node permission working and I'm wondering do I have a similar procedure with the cli_wallet?

I.e. login, request api usage? If so, where does the config file live so I can specify the permissions?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads