Author Topic: What is the next big thing for BTS?  (Read 2763 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

When I got into BitShares the timeframes I was envisaging were in excess of five years. Looking at price changes day to day, week to week and even month to month is all well and good for the active trader. I'm looking at the big picture though and am interested in the long term ground breaking potential which I see in BitShares.

To answer the OP, I'm pretty curious to hear what bytemaster has planned in relation to 'web of trust' stuff. I remember him saying in a mumble session that we'd love his ideas in this field. As far as I know he hasn't revealed this yet. Has he? I'm not sure whether or not his plan is to be implemented on the BitShares platform though...

Excellent post. I fully agree.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Growing the pie doesn't happen over night.
yes,but when?5 years?10 years?
I don't think people will have this kind of patience.do you?

When I got into BitShares the timeframes I was envisaging were in excess of five years. Looking at price changes day to day, week to week and even month to month is all well and good for the active trader. I'm looking at the big picture though and am interested in the long term ground breaking potential which I see in BitShares.

To answer the OP, I'm pretty curious to hear what bytemaster has planned in relation to 'web of trust' stuff. I remember him saying in a mumble session that we'd love his ideas in this field. As far as I know he hasn't revealed this yet. Has he? I'm not sure whether or not his plan is to be implemented on the BitShares platform though...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Bond market then smart contracts....

As,ong as they keep developing price will rise naturally. Software development is priced in at a premium if quality is right going forward in todays economy.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Which is why the world economy is in the shape it is in... shitty because people only look 1 quarter ahead instead of years.  The real money is made on big disruptive swings and it takes a lot of time to build sustainable momentum.  5 to 10 years is a totally acceptable time frame to grown this.  Lack of patience is the biggest reason people fail at investing.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I hope the next big thing will be less crying about the price on the forums.

one can dream...

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

According to the current price of BTS,seems the whole Indian summer announcement was failed.(sorry,i just don't know why  the devs and some community member kept telling people these announcements were amazing but the price of bts really fuck everybody,so i assumed these announcements were dead.)
So my question to Stan is :What is your next plans to hype?  Just curious.

Also do you know that when apple announced the iphones and ipads, its stock price fell?  Those products ended up being huge successes and added billions of dollars to apples market cap. What if they would have judged their products based on the stock price 2 weeks after their announcements? Would you consider those products failures?
I heard some similar opinions like this after bts was lauch last year..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Hopefully a bond market  :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
According to the current price of BTS,seems the whole Indian summer announcement was failed.(sorry,i just don't know why  the devs and some community member kept telling people these announcements were amazing but the price of bts really fuck everybody,so i assumed these announcements were dead.)

Also do you know that when apple announced the iphones and ipads, its stock price fell?  Those products ended up being huge successes and added billions of dollars to apples market cap. What if they would have judged their products based on the stock price 2 weeks after their announcements? Would you consider those products failures?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Your problem is that you equate success with market cap increases.  The product is a huge upgrade, is fast, and more versatile than any other crypto. Don't let some margin traders at polo be the reason you judge bts as a success or failure.  Time is needed for bts to reach new investors and users. Growing the pie doesn't happen over night.

I have read several of your posts and you are extremely negative and critical. If you keep jumping from one investment to the next looking to get rich overnight, you are going to be sadly disappointed.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"All in good time, my pretty, all in good time..."

:)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:27:22 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
The bts have the ripple's price and the bitcoin's heart.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile