Author Topic: My Committe Slate  (Read 5587 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I think the best committee members will be people who have a solid understanding of market dynamics. Regular traders, folks with a background in economics, etc.
  • Agent86 (probably no longer with BTS)
  • Riverhead
  • bitmeat
  • monsterer
  • ????

Offline fuzzy

I think you would be good at it riverhead.  Especially since you have decided not to pursue a witness position.  You could be a permanent committee member.  I know I would vote for you.

I agree 100%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think you would be good at it riverhead.  Especially since you have decided not to pursue a witness position.  You could be a permanent committee member.  I know I would vote for you.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

I don't think he is saying 6 is all thats needed.. those are just some of the members he would like to see.

Exactly.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
good list, I too like xeroc.

Has anyone publicly declared an interest in  being on the committee?
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is 6 enough? Some other suggestions: vikram, xeroc, arhag, nathan, xeldal, theoretical..

vikram, nathan, and theoretical are all CNX core.

I don't think he is saying 6 is all thats needed.. those are just some of the members he would like to see.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
can I join the Committe? I think I am also a good representative for Chinese community. :)
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Is 6 enough? Some other suggestions: vikram, xeroc, arhag, nathan, xeldal, theoretical..

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Fav?

thanks, but the time I got between working voluntary for the forum and trying to build referrals is already very limited at the moment. I just don't have the time to get involved in politics :)

Offline Riverhead

Fav?

Fav has indeed been a strong supporter of the project from the start and a valuable member of the community. What do you feel he would add to the above pool that is not already represented?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 +5% nothing to add
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Riverhead

As Cryptonomex matures and gains traction as a world class Blockchain consulting firm Bitshares will need to focus more on the committee to sustain itself. To that end I have been thinking about who I would want to have a hand on the helm. This is not a popularity contest or a measure of one's worth in the community. It's purely as a shareholder wanting the best for my investment.

1) BM - While he has publicly stated he has not interest in this position I feel he needs to take a seat at this table for a while longer.

2) Carpet Ride - Well seasoned in the real world of the investment business, long term Bitshares silent supporter.

3) Toast - Though moved on to other projects a committee member is not a paid or full time position. His crypto/economic domain knowledge and no BS approach would be an island of clarity.

4) btswildpig - A long term supporter of BTS and a fantastic representative for the Chinese community.

5) alt - Strong technical understanding of Bitshares and, as far as I know, in good standing with the Chinese community.

6) Method-x - A proven track record of knowing what succeeds in the marketplace.

7) This list will change over time.

Like I said at the start this is not a popularity contest nor is this an exhaustive list of my dream slate. These are the people I'd want to have sitting around the table, engaging the community, making decisions, and ensuring the stable future of the project.